Update: 2014 Beta6

New release and update announcements

Re: Update: 2014 Beta6

Postby Karlis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 pm

gemini190647 wrote:As I just explained to Aivars, WeBuilder 2011 has no (and never had any) problem reading from and writing to that file - but WeBuilder 2014 cannot write to the file - when WeBuilder 2014 is exited and restarted, the just saved keyboard shortcuts are not available...

Any ideas why this only happens for you and on your computer? Maybe try deleting the file (temporarily) and see if anything changes. Also maybe try loading a second file with the same name ... maybe it is writing somewhere else? Also try changing a shortcut manually by editing the file and then see if it loads that or not. Get back with the results. I need to know if it cannot write or also cannot read or maybe it uses some other file for write and this one for read (not sure if that is possible at all but who knows).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby garethjmsaunders » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 am

Karlis wrote:p.p.s. Gareth, your Monokai job is great, I will even give you a free upgrade.

Thank you, and thank you very much. As I tweeted earlier this evening, it was the least I could do to thank you for all that you've done for me with WeBuilder through the years. I moved over from Evrsoft 1st Page 2000 to WeBuilder 2005 (v.6.3) in March 2006 and haven't looked back.

I was very thankful for documenting everything that I did because at one point, about two-thirds of my way through creating the theme I did something (I'm not sure what -- but I'm going to test it to check that it was my human error and not a weird bug) but I ended up deleting about 99% of what I'd already done, so I had to more-or-less start again from the beginning.

I'm now working on another theme or two to send you.

Karlis, do you have a set of files that you test the colour schemes against, like an example.html, example.css, example.py, etc.? If so, could I please get a copy -- it might speed things up for me a little. If not, then I'll continue to create my own.

Thanks again

Gareth
garethjmsaunders

Postby Karlis » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 am

Thank you, thank you.

Actually what I do is use random files from my website and computer, however if I do not have any I either use http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/ or google something like ".htaccess examples" ... I agree, we should create a sample library, but I haven't had any time yet.

As for the editor, indeed it is not the most sophisticated, so I'd recommend so use Save as frequently as you can to avoid any loss of time. I hope I get some spare time to improve this area in the future.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements