* Fixed Ctrl+Tab bug
* Added Monokai color scheme for syntax highlighting
* Updated, no more in HTML5, XHTML /> tag closing is used
* Fixed situation when open file is not updated after replace in files
* Some color picker fixes
* Fixed bug with FTP / New file
* Fixed CSS beautifier crash
* Some other fixes

There are some pending fixes that we had no time to complete... those will come later.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2014 Beta7

Postby entropie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Getting better and better ! :-)
But some annoying things which, I'm pretty sure, can be corrected in few line of code ! ;-)
Here they are :

1) Converting HTML entities to special chars (such as "é" to "é") is working fine... in fact, too fine for me : Because the entity corresponding to a non-breaking space character " " is also converted to a standard space " ", which is not the expected behaviour. Please note that WebBuilder 2011 was correctly doing the job !

2) For a long time, I was expecting the possibility to have a all-in-one web editor with a powerful FTP client application. WebBuilder is one of them (the single one ? probably !)
One of my FTP servers works with "FTPES (TLS/SSL)" connexion. When I try to connect with your application, it seems to connect (a brief status message indicates that the connection could be established", but immediately after, a message box containing the "FTP error: Illegal PORT command" message appears. The problem also occurs when I want to upload a file to (or download from) the FTP server, or simply browse the file of the FTP server (trying for instance to refresh from the "Browse FTP" window : I am connected (the icons change), but I cannot do anything, to this "port" command which seems to be sent every time. May be there is a way to disable this "port" FTP command, obviously forbidden in such kind of connection ?

Thank you for your answers

Keep doing such a good job, your application is the best I know in this category !

E.
entropie

Postby Karlis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm

* Will fix entity conversion bug in the next version

* As for the FTPS (SFTP is pretty stable tho), it is an experimental feature, we did not reinvent the protocol, just implemented the support by means of Indy VCL components, so I can not guarrantee that we will be able to fix that situation, but we can confirm that FTPS works with some servers that we have tested and we can also confirm that FTPS does not work if you are begind double NAT routers/firewalls. This is not your case obviously since you say you can connect. You should first try to turn on or off the passive mode and if there is no change then send the login credentials to our support e-mail, so that we can test.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby entropie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm

For the second point, turning on the "Passive mode" solves the problem, it works perfectly !!!
So no modification needed anymore on that subject !
Thank you very much for your help and reactivity !

E.
entropie

Postby ajmaske » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 am

I've been using WeBuilder's SFTP exclusively to edit code directly on the dev servers (linux boxes) (usually I would use WinSCP) .... haven't had one problem or hick up at all. I've used the Indy VCL library extensively when I was doing delphi work years ago so I know how reliable their code/components are. The only cumbersome thing I've found is traversing in and out of the folder structure and knowing what folder I'm in.

Having a folder tree like the one under the folder pane would very useful ... :)
ajmaske

Postby Aivars » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:25 pm

It's in the user suggestions list, but we won't be able to implement it in time for 2014.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby mbedrac » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 am

Thank you for the new beta and new fixes, but some things still not working:

-coloring of comments in asp stops at special characters, it works in html comments, but not in asp comments
-i use color picker a lot and would like to have an option "color picker return color name" back, now i have to copy name and paste to my code
-still waiting to have color name in color tooltip, it shouldn't be so hard to implement

And of corse, maybe some of suggestions from my previous long list of suggestions ;-)

[img]http://www.horuk.com/downloads/webuilder_bug.jpg[/img]
mbedrac

Postby gemini190647 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

Karlis and Aivars, I have installed beta 7 and (almost) all the problems I had in the previous betas are gone, the 'Ctrl-Tab' key combination is back again, the keyboard shortcuts are once again saved in the 'keyboard.ini' (keyboard shortcut) file (I even checked the 'ini' file after creating a new shortcut and closing down WeBuilder).

There is one facility that is available in WeBuilder 2011 and not available (yet?) in WeBuilder 2014 - I have programmed the 'Ctrl-W' key combination (maybe that is/was the default function) to close the currently displayed document - in 2011, I am able to close a document in both the editor AND preview views - could that facility be added (passed on) to 2014 - makes it a lot easier to edit/save/preview and if satisfied, close a document without having to go back to the editor screen/window?

I have had one instance where WeBuilder displayed the warning message that it wanted to close (or restart) to which I reply to continue with the editing - WeBuilder did some (new to me) operation and continued where I was with no further messages - what did WeBuilder exactly do - would it be possible, under such circumstances (when the warning message is displayed), for the file(s) being edited to be saved under specific and easily identifiable name(s) in the same directory where the file(s) is(are) being edited.

Beta 7 is really a great improvement over the previous betas - good work...

Ray.
gemini190647

Postby kfury77 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:44 am

Beta 7 is looking really good. Just a single issue for me that I've found...

BUG: If you type ' ' it correctly is coloured green, but if you type '&' it leaves it normal text colour (black) - this happens only in .ASP files. It works as expected in .HTM files.

BUG: Minor thing, but In Options > Preferences > Language Options > HTML Language Specification - HTML 5 should really be HTML5
kfury77

Postby Aivars » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am

It seems like Chrome is stealing your keyboard shortcut which is why Ctrl+W doesn't work anymore. Try switching to Internet Explorer to try out this theory.

The strange operation you speak of might have been an error report, which pops up when something goes not as expected. If you notice that again, make sure there is "Send" button that sends an error report to us - it will tell us exactly what & where went wrong and then we can fix it.
Aivars

Postby Emulman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:36 pm

regard colours..with beta7 all OK, is very stable. only a little problem: when i'm working on a php page and i create a new php file the colours aren't correct as set in the preferences box. I must save, close and reopen the file to see the right syntax colours!
Emulman

Postby Aivars » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:20 pm

What colors do you see in the new file? Can you take a screenshot (comparing new PHP file with wrong colors and re-opened PHP file with correct colors)?
Aivars

Postby gemini190647 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Aivars, as you expected, the 'Crtl-W' key combination is closing the preview tab/window when using the Internet Explorer (Trident engine) to preview. Is there a way to integrate that key combination in the Google Chrome (WebKit engine) - as I prefer to work with that engine?

By the way, which version of the Trident engine (Internet Explorer) and WebKit engine (Google Chrome) are being used in WeBuilder 2014?

As I was working with the split screen preview, WeBuilder 2014 beta 7 displayed the error warning - this time, I was not able to click on the continue option, the program was closing (luckily, I had save my work a few minutes previously). What impressed me was, upon restarting, WeBuilder offered me to reload the file(s) I was working on - nothing lost...
gemini190647

Postby Aivars » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

You can find out the version by a simple javascript code such as alert(navigator.userAgent).

It appears that the Webkit simply isn't passing the shortcuts to WeBuilder if it's active. In split view when editor is activated then Ctrl + W works.
Aivars

Postby Abisem » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:10 am

This beta fixes a bug I found out when creating a new file using the FTP it said it couldn't find the file, while now it works fine.

I found a minor bug: I changed the shortkey for converting special chars to entities into Ctrl+Alt+E as I was used to. Before doing that I notced it was originally used for the € symbol. Usually I use Alt Gr+E for € but now it doesn't work anymore, even if it hasn't any shortkey assigned.

Thi bug was also present in Webuilder 2011
Abisem

Next

Return to Announcements