Switching projects to update multiple sites with same file

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Switching projects to update multiple sites with same file

Postby t8xt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:51 am

Hi All,

Kind of stumbled on this feature, it's probably old news but I wanted to list it here in case anyone is wondering. I have multiple websites using the same script and one project directory on my computer so I'm able to edit the file on my computer and then broadcast it to multiple website just by changing the desired website project from the Project menu and uploading. Here's what I did to make it this way.

1. Created the main project directory on my computer.
2. Add FTP connections for the main directory and all the other websites.
3. Make new projects for each of the other websites and make them all use the main project directory on my computer, also each website gets it own FTP connection the pertains to it.
I also set the initial directory paths for each FTP connection because some of them are different but the file structure is the same in the public web directories. Example: /home/useraccount/public_html or /home/useraccount/htdocs or /home/useraccount/webdir

Now with the script open all I need to do is change to the project I want to upload to and all done!

This is an awesome feature that I did not have before using Webuilder that greatly speeds up getting updates out to my clients.
Thanks Blumentals
t8xt

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support