DivX Video not running in Screenaver Factory 6

Post your questions and problem reports here

DivX Video not running in Screenaver Factory 6

Postby Carrickfred » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem running DivX encoded AVI video in Screensaver Factory. I am using Codec version 6.9.2. All I get is a blank rectangle. I can get the video to run if I configure the Xvid Codec 1.3.2 to run DivX files. This is with the FFmpeg option deselected. With FFmpeg selected the DivX will run but I get a slight jump on a looping video. Video encoded with the Cinepac codes also run without problems with no FFmpeg.

I would prefer to use the DivX Codec if possible as it is higher quality and smaller size than the Cinepac Coded, also more stable and newer than the Xvid Codec.

The Software I use to generate the video graphics outputs in AVI and I would prefer not to convert this.

Test Video Files here :-
http://sdrv.ms/1bV3bfE

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Fred
Carrickfred

Re: DivX Video not running in Screenaver Factory 6

Postby Aivars » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:48 pm

If FFMpeg option is unchecked then Screensaver Factory uses the built-in Windows Media Player. There might be problem on your computer with playback codecs on your computer. All 3 videos from the skydrive work fine with and without FFMpeg checkbox here.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: DivX Video not running in Screenaver Factory 6

Postby Carrickfred » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:22 pm

I have the official DivX drivers installed and no luck in getting the video files to run. DivX files will run with the Xvid driver but I need to use DivX. I have tried on 3 machines.
As I have had other issues I am no longer using Screensaver Factory.

Regards,
Fred.
Carrickfred

Return to Screensaver Factory Support