Large horizontal menu

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy Button & Menu Maker

Large horizontal menu

Postby Rudios » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:11 am

As a test I created a large horizontal menu (+2000pix) with EB&MM trial and I noticed that the menu disappeared to the right side of my browsers in both Opera & Firefox. Why does the menu not auto adjust its width so that it is completely visible, or is this an option only in the payed version?

Thanks
Rudios

Re: Large horizontal menu

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 am

The created menu does not change its width spontaneously, it will look exactly as you have designed it. 2000px is probably too wide for a regular web page, you should try to group some of the menu items under submenus.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Rudios » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

It is important for me that I have an "auto size" option for my menus, especially with all the smaller devices (with low resolution) that many people now start to use. The menu items must be always visible. Thanks.
Rudios

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:40 am

How do you propose this auto-size to work? Split menu in 2 or more lines if there's not enough space? Depending on menu design, that could look ugly.
Aivars

Postby Rudios » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:44 am

Split menu in 2 or more lines, I know it could look ugly but better than no option at all. I could also change the code myself in "style="width: auto (default), but I do not know I'm allowed to do so an I would prefer to see it in MM as an option. Thanks
Rudios

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Of course you're allowed to tweak any of the generated code to better match your purposes if you want to :)
Aivars

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Feature Requests