RapidPHP 2015 - FTP Malfunction / Bug?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RapidPHP 2015 - FTP Malfunction / Bug?

Postby 12monkey5 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Hello!

I upgraded from Version 12.3.0.152 to the brand new 13.0.0.163 today.
Everything looks quite fine by now, but there seems to be some kind of Bug when I try to use the "Reload from FTP" feature from the file list.

The small Window that shows what happens on the FTP pops up and closes again - but the LOCAL file remains unchanged. :?
The feature "Upload to FTP" from the same context menu works fine - so it has nothing to do with the FTP connection.

This happened on both computers I use RapidPHP on:
1. on my desktop machine at work with an up-to-date Windows 8.1
2. on my private Laptop with an up-to-date Win 7 x64
Both are plain standard installations of RapidPHP.

As both of my installations show the same behaviour I think it's a Bug in the new version...

Any ideas...?

Greetings from Germany
Heiko
12monkey5

Re: RapidPHP 2015 - FTP Malfunction / Bug?

Postby Aivars » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 pm

I just tested and Reload from FTP seems to work. The only reason Rapid PHP would behave the way you describe is if it doesn't find the file on the server. Make sure that projects path and FTP path in project settings match exactly (e.g. there are no extra or missing subfolders in between them).
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby 12monkey5 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks for answering so quickly :)

Anyway, in my humble opinion the paths cannot be the problem - especially because using the same project settings work perfectly with RapidPHP 2014.
But I forgot to provide you some (maybe) important information:

For me in most cases "LOCAL" means a Samba-share that is mounted as local drive in Windows (e.g. H:/).
I just found out that if the local files are on a drive that is physically located in my computer everything works fine with RapidPHP 2015 aswell.
So the problem seems to occur only while using that network drive.
Permissions on the Samba share are no issue either. I even tested with files that have set permissions to 0777 on the Samba machine. But they are still not overwritten... :(
12monkey5

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Are you absolutely sure this works on 2014? If you still have 2014 installed, can you test it? The thing is, I'm quite sure we didn't touch anything that could break this functionality so I hope you understand that I'm a little confused. I hope we can figure out the root of this problem.
What if you download the file from FTP (File Explorer -> FTP -> right click menu -> Download Files) does it overwrite the local copy then?
Aivars

Postby pocoloco » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:03 pm

I agree with 12monkey5. I have the same problem and i use for my projects a local drive. If someone else change the file and do an upload on the webserver, the file i download in my project is not actual. This is a really massive bug. :twisted:

The Version 2014 works fine.
pocoloco

Postby Aivars » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Is there a way I could connect to you (via Teamviewer maybe?) and see what's going on? It doesn't seem that many customers have this bug so there must be something additional involved. PM me if you're up for it. Thanks.
Aivars

Postby hfuhruhurr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi, Did this one get resolved? I'm also having the same issue.

RapidPhp 2015, 13.2 (13.2.0.164)

When I click reload from FTP on a file, it isn't downloading the latest version.
(this is a file that is generated on the server, readable).

Thanks,
hfuhruhurr

Postby hfuhruhurr » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi - did this get resolved?
In my version (posted above, the latest one), it simply does not work.
hfuhruhurr

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:05 pm

It still seems to be working here. When I use Reload from FTP, RapidPHP connects and displays the Overwrite Prompt window.
I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist but we can't reproduce it here. It could help if I could get access to your PC (e.g. via TeamViewer) and see the bug in action.
Aivars

Postby Kvantstudio » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:26 am

At loading the file is not replaced from a server. The problem is actual both for RapidPHP 2015 and for Webuilder 2015. In RapidPHP 2014 problems are not present! The Problem very strongly impedes to work!

Video about this error!!! https://yadi.sk/i/wM7xdsYuffjKF

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and Webuilder 13.2.0.164.
Kvantstudio Software Developer
Kvantstudio

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:45 am

I'm doing exactly like in your video and the Reload works. Could you PM me your FTP account details so that I can test if I can reproduce the problem with your FTP?
Aivars

Postby Kvantstudio » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Here that was possible to find out precisely if radically the project to create a file and to try to receive it all works. But if to receive a file from the enclosed folder that reception of a file does not work. Video https://yadi.sk/i/oE1zNf9Dfv5wQ
Kvantstudio

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:45 pm

YES! I managed to reproduce the bug with the subfolder. Thanks, finally we're getting somewhere.
Aivars

Postby Kvantstudio » Fri May 01, 2015 7:32 pm

When waiting for the fix for this error? It is very difficult to work )))
Kvantstudio

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support