[Rapid PHP] doc nav / tab close / FTP view

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

[Rapid PHP] doc nav / tab close / FTP view

Postby Hans Meiser » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 am

Again me. :lol:

Easier document navigation:
After testing Rapid PHP on some documents, I found, that the CTRL + arrows left/right and arrows up/down are behaving a bit odd for editing.
The unpleasent one is CTRL + arrow right: the cursor skips variables (and some words, too), stopping at the end instead on the beginning (but CTRL + arrow left stops on the start). So, when quickly navigating to an variable or word, one has always to reverse one step in order to alter the (complete) variable or has to slow down way before and arrow-right to the position. It also skips quotes (double and single) and commas, going behind them instead infront of them.
This is quite annoying as no editor normaly does this.
Sometimes, when going from closed brackets upward it skips the whole enclosure. This is annoying, when one wants to edit the last line(s) before the closing bracket. It happens mostly in CSS files as far as I could see.
Maybe these are just bugs, but I don't think so.

Closing tabs:
I'm missing closing x on the tabs of the open documents. Yes, CTRL-W will also do it, but often, I just close-click the documents. Maybe this could be easy implemented. :)

FTP view:
The view of the FTP folder is very ... well, minimal. :)
I would like to see the usual details, like a normal explorer view and it would be best, if this could be while in tree view (I don't like the combined view, the bar in the middle bothers me). I'd also like to suggest the ability to sort (also manually) the connections and maybe the possibility to create subfolders for the FTP connections for more organization.
And while I'm at this File Explorer, I want to suggest the possibility to split the "Project", "Folders", "FTP" tabs into seperate panels with the possibility to drag'n'drop files between a "Folders" and "FTP" panel. And they still should be dockable. :)

That's it for now, I hope I don't annoy you guys. 8)
Hans Meiser

Re: [Rapid PHP] doc nav / tab close / FTP view

Postby Aivars » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:40 pm

I use Ctrl + arrows extensively and I've never found the behavior odd. I'll try to pay attention next time and look out for any inconsistencies.

We get the request about x on tabs now and then, it's on our list although we believe in middle click to close a tab but then again we're old-school and we still use a mouse :) I'll +1 the request.

The next version has FTP improvements planned, although not everything that you listed. There will be a tree view for folders but with files separated from the folders by the bar that bothers you.

I'll split your post in suggestions and +1 or add the suggestions as needed.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Hans Meiser » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 am

I use Ctrl + arrows extensively and I've never found the behavior odd. I'll try to pay attention next time and look out for any inconsistencies.

Yeah, maybe it's just personal taste/preference. I try to visualize with colored pipes, what I mean by using a snipped from a WP theme:
<span class = "over-more"><?php _e('View project', 'photolio') ?></span>

With phpDesigner, CTRL + arrow right I get the following cursor spots:
|Tab tab tab |<|span |class |= |"|over|-|more|"><?|php |_e|('|View |project|', |'|photolio|') |?></<span|>|

With Rapid PHP:
Tab tab tab <|span| class| =| "|over|-|more|"><?|php| _e|('|View| project|',| '|photolio|')| ?></|span|>|

Now you can see, the cursor is mostly halting on the end instad of the beginning. Even this message editor moves the cursor to the beginning. :wink:
With signs included like +, -, *, # etc. it becomes even more painful. IMHO.

Also, Rapid PHP goes straight up to the end of a previous line when CTRL + left arrow, instead to halt first at the beginning of the current line. This is annoying when, for example, I want to change the intend of this line or I just want to move the whole a few rows down with ENTER.

We get the request about x on tabs now and then, it's on our list although we believe in middle click to close a tab but then again we're old-school and we still use a mouse :) I'll +1 the request.

Great, thanks. :D

The next version has FTP improvements planned, although not everything that you listed. There will be a tree view for folders but with files separated from the folders by the bar that bothers you.

Well, we will see with what you come up with. I'm looking foreward to it. :)

I'll split your post in suggestions and +1 or add the suggestions as needed.

Great, many thanks again.
Any hints on when to expect an updated version? :roll:
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:23 pm

The plan is to release it this fall or winter and so far things are going as planned.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Working with v13.2 now for a while, I realised, that the false cursor jumping problem still exists, also the closing x on the tabs are still missing.
It would be great if this can be fixed soon.

I also found some strange behaviours when editing text.
Examples:
When I want to duplicate intented lines, the copy breaks up in a strange way
Code: Select all
No indent (correct dupe):
<div class = "strange">This is strange</div>

1 indent:
   <div class = "strange">This is strange</d
   <div class = "strange">This is strange</div>iv>

2 indents:
      <div class = "strange">This is strange
      <div class = "strange">This is strange</div></div>

3 indents:
         <div class = "strange">This is stra
         <div class = "strange">This is strange</div>nge</div>

and so on. It gets even funnier when duplicate multiple times:
         <div class = "strange">This is stra
         <div class = "strange">This is strange</div>nge</div>
         <div class = "strange">This is strange</div>nge</div>nge</div>
         <div class = "strange">This is strange</div>nge</div>nge</div>nge</div>nge</div>

Strange enough, this isn't always happening.

Another strange thing happens, when editing tags. So far, I noticed it on a tags. When I want to add a class to an a tag, autocompletion(?) inserts another a href in. I positioning the cursor right behind the <a and when I press SPACE, it adds the href. Oddly, this too isn't always happening:
| = cursor
<a| href = "pa-main.php?page=aktuelles_detail&id=<?=$news_id;?>">Weiterlesen</a>
pressing SPACE turns it into
<a href = ""></a> href = "pa-main.php?page=aktuelles_detail&id=<?=$news_id;?>">Weiterlesen</a>

It looks like, autocomplete doesn't realize, that the tag is already completed.
But this
<a| href = "test.html">Test</a>
can be altered to
<a class = "classname" href = "test.html">Test</a>

This things, wrong cursor jumping and false duplicating are the most annoying things right now with RapidPHP. Otherwise such a great editor, but this bugs are a big pain in the butt when editing code.
I hope you can fix that soon.
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Mon May 11, 2015 10:55 pm

*bump*
Anyone who cares about this? :|
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 am

I am unable to reproduce the line duplication bug. Can you post or send me a video demonstrating this?

Regarding auto-href - you can go to menu Options -> Preference -> Text Editor -> Auto Replace and either disable Auto Replace or remove/change <a from the list.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Thu May 28, 2015 7:24 pm

I am unable to reproduce the line duplication bug. Can you post or send me a video demonstrating this?

Here is the location to a demonstration video -> http://www.optical-circuit.com/_out/rapidphp_bug/

Regarding auto-href - you can go to menu Options -> Preference -> Text Editor -> Auto Replace and either disable Auto Replace or remove/change <a from the list.

I have disabled it and will look further to re-enable one by one.

Any news about the "incorrect" cursor jumping and others mentioned earlier in this post?
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:18 am

Can you do menu Options -> Export Settings and send me your settings file? I'm trying to reproduce the issue with no luck so I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with some specific settings that you have set.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

I exported the settings. Use the same link as for the video above, please.
I can't think of any setting I have used that would cause this issue ... :/
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Any updates ... ?
Hans Meiser

Postby pmk65 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:53 pm

I got the same/similar bug with duplicate lines if I indent the line. (I use Tab as indentation, not spaces)
   <div>this is strange</div
   <div>this is strange</div>
   <div>this is strange</div>>
   <div>this is strange</div>>>
   <div>this is strange</div>>>>
   <div>this is strange</div>>>>>>

It only happens in .txt files, not in . html files.

Program used: WeBuilder 2015 v13.2.0.164
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests