WYSIWYG Editing

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

WYSIWYG Editing

Postby teaorcoffee » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:50 pm

WeBuilder 2015 is a great program, but it lacks in one important are IMHO: editing the preview. PLEASE may we have WYSIWYG editing? I am having to use other programs to do this editing.
Thanks
teaorcoffee

Re: WYSIWYG Editing

Postby Aivars » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:21 pm

We're not planning WYSIWYG editing at this point and probably never will. WeBuilder is designed for people who know at least some HTML. The HTML code generated by WYSIWYG editing will always be somewhat worse than the hand-written code, and if you use side-by-side preview then you can instantly see how the page will look without sacrificing the tidyness of the resulting HTML code. You can also enable "Synchronize with Cursor" feature in the Preview panel, which will allow you to easily jump to the correct place in HTML code by clicking on the elements in the preview.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: WYSIWYG Editing

Postby energylevels » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:55 am

Just a quick note on this, although I understand its a code environment it would be handy to have basic 'design view' options for common tasks like inserting images, formatting text ..... I think a basic option could mean a lot of users from programs like Dreamweaver would consider switching, generally an unhappy community at the moment with what Adobe are doing with Dreamweaver. I don't want to speak for all Dreamweaver users but it seems to have had its day and RapidPHP/Webuilder are viable alternative that offer a good coding environment, tools and project management but just lacks the wysiwyg option.
energylevels

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests