Webuilder 2015 on Windows 10: frequent crash on startup

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Webuilder 2015 on Windows 10: frequent crash on startup

Postby Maxx » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Hello,

After a few weeks of perfect operation (and years of good operation with a previous version) my Webuilder suddenly crashes very often on startup. It happens both when I open the program directly, or by opening a file in Windows file explorer.

I am using Webuilder 2015, version 13.5.0.169, on Windows 10. I already tried to improve by restarting Windows completely, and by downloading the most recent version of webuilder and installing it, but without success.

I have no clue to what this could be related, I can't link it to other newly installed software or alike...

Beste regards, Maxx
Maxx

Re: Webuilder 2015 on Windows 10: frequent crash on startup

Postby Aivars » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Does it crash by throwing some kind of exception, message or error report? If it's error report, could you send it to me, or if otherwise, show a screenshot with the error message?

As an extreme solution you could try uninstall and delete all settings (during uninstall), then reinstall. Unfortunately, if you have customized WeBuilder a lot, that could be painful.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Maxx » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22 am

Hello Aivars,

Thank you for your quick response.
Webbuilder itself does not produce any error message as far as I can see. It just halts on the splash screen, before it shows any element of the editor, and Windows shows the message "Webuilder as halted....looking for a solution", with a kind of progress bar.( As I have a Dutch Windows version, the translation of this message might differ from the real message in an English Windows version). It also appears to me that once this happens, it continues to happen until I restart Windows, but I could not yet verify this systematically. Unfortunately, after restarting it comes back very quickly anyway, so this is not a real solution. I do not have this kind of problem with any other program by now.

Beste regards, Maxx
Maxx

Postby Aivars » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Could you check if this problem happens if File Explorer is hidden? Might as well be some misbehaving shell extension.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby ToXS » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:48 pm

I had a similar problem with Corel Painter and a few metro apps. I made a non-administrative user and when I logged into that account Painter worked. After you make a new user you can right click on the start button to get the logout option. That might be a workaround.

Also Windows 10 doesn’t clear the crap that accumulates in memory when you restart. You have to turn off fast start then shut your computer off to clear the memory.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189 ... -10-a.html has instructions.
ToXS

Postby Maxx » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello Aivars and Toxs,

At this time the problem seems gone, although it went as mysteriously as it appeared. Probably some misbehaving app or software indeed, but until now I was not able to identify which one..Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Beste regards, Maxx
Maxx

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support