Application Error

Post your questions and problem reports here

Application Error

Postby vvillanueva » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Hello,

I figured that since this is relating to a different topic that I would make a new topic for it. Anyways most of my machines that I had installed the screensaver setup that I had created are experiencing an error and I'm not sure what might be causing the error to happen or when it happens on everyone's machine. But this is the error I was able to find from within the event viewer of one of the machines

Application popup: GPCU.scr - Application Error : The instruction at 0x00403f02 referenced memory at 0x024e0984. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Just curious if you may know what is causing this because the screensaver that I created is only using the Visual "Bouncing Image" with no other images and a black background so it doesn't have a very big file size
vvillanueva

Re: Application Error

Postby Aivars » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Never seen this problem before. Could you export the Screensaver Factory project (File -> Save Project As -> set "Save as type" to "Screensaver Factory Project Complete (*.sfpc)) and send it to me?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby vvillanueva » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Any update on this?

Thanks,
vvillanueva

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 am

Not yet, I'll let you know when there is. Most likely it will be in January.
Aivars

Postby DoItAll » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:05 pm

My company is experiencing the exact same error. Any input is greatly appreciated.
DoItAll

Postby vvillanueva » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 pm

Any update on this? I haven't been able to find anything that would cause this issue. Windows updates should be updated on all the computers within my network.

Thanks,
Last edited by vvillanueva on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
vvillanueva

Postby Aivars » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:50 pm

We haven't found the root of the problem yet, but we're looking for it.
Aivars

Postby vvillanueva » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:04 pm

It has been a few months since the last update and I was curious whether you were still looking into this or not. I have tried things on my end to stop the error from happening like upping the page file and seeing if that helps with the memory error. I wouldn't think it would be a RAM issue because all of our workstations have a minimum of 4GB of RAM. I haven't found any consistency on any of our machines that could cause the error to happen.
vvillanueva

Postby vvillanueva » Thu May 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Hello,

Is there an update for a fix on this error? I have exhausted every solution that I can think of but I can't find a common ground between all the computers in my network that share this error and I would hate to try and request a refund or even try to find another product that could solve my issue for a screen saver

Thanks,
vvillanueva

Postby Aivars » Mon May 25, 2015 11:21 am

We had an update along the way, does the problem still occur in version 6.7?
Aivars

Postby pheesh » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:32 pm

I'm actually getting this error too with the 6.8 version. The odd thing is that it only happens when I run the screensaver as a logon screen saver, like with these instructions:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/55 ... sable.html

The screen saver runs fine otherwise.
pheesh

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 am

Sorry, Screensaver Factory does not support logon screensavers unfortunately. It's a known issue that can't be solved due to the technology we use.
Aivars

Postby vvillanueva » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Ok so after looking at the instructions that pheesh had linked it sounds similar to what we have in place. In my networks domain server I created a GPO that establishes the screensaver timeout on the computers and to use the installed screensaver and it works fine after the timeout with the bouncing image but that error I referenced before occurs on some of the computers not all of them. I will update my screensaver factory and recreate the screensaver file and see if that fixes those issues.

So after reading through the linked material it kind of resembles what we have in place. Could that possibly be the issue to my problem?
vvillanueva

Postby vvillanueva » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Is there by chance an update to this issue? By logon screensaver, do you mean when they move the mouse to make the screensaver go away and it requests them to log back into the machine?
vvillanueva

Postby Aivars » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:21 am

If you want to display logon screen after screensaver ends you simply need to go to Screen Saver Settings section of Control Panel and check On resume, display logon screen.

Logon screensaver is the kind of screensaver that starts before any user has logged into Windows. It can not be set by Windows settings but only by editing registry directly.
Aivars

Next

Return to Screensaver Factory Support