Scroll Past End

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Scroll Past End

Postby pety » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:01 pm

I would like option Scroll Past End (like in Atom)
Allow the editor to be scrolled past the end of the last line.

Thanks !
pety

Re: Scroll Past End

Postby pmk65 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:58 am

A "dirty" solution would be adding X number of empty lines at the bottom of document on Open. And then remove same number of empty lines on Save.
This can be done with a plugin script.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:41 am

We're not going to implement every feature that's requested because one man's feature is another man's annoyance. Personally I don't see any benefit in scrolling to empty area below document and also scrollbar becomes less reliable measure of document's length but if more customers request a feature like that, sure.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pety » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:00 am

If I want to buy a Webuilder with this feature you will say NO becouse you don't see any benefit? It is my benefit not yours isn't it?
pety

Postby Aivars » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:37 am

I wish I could add everything, but if the requested feature conflicts with existing behavior, we need to take the existing users into consideration, and how the new feature would change their workflow. In this case, you're the first one ever to request this feature. Imagine if we changed something that you liked and used daily in a way that hinders your work just because one user requested it?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pety » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:17 pm

I know it will be added. :)
pety

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests