Rapid PHP 2016 (CSS preview in Split-mode)

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Rapid PHP 2016 (CSS preview in Split-mode)

Postby Viktor2016 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Hello! And last one request on today :).
There is great "Synchronize with cursor" mode for HTML (in Horizontal/Vertical Split).
But there is no this mode for CSS! Would you add this opportunity in future versions? Thank you.
Viktor2016

Re: Rapid PHP 2016 (CSS preview in Split-mode)

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:50 am

Do you mean when you preview CSS file (Generate preview file) - allow clicking into preview and go to corresponding line in editor?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Viktor2016 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:18 pm

At least.
But in ideal it will be cool if it'll work and vice versa: i mean, when we clicking in CSS-code - there highlighting corresponding blocks (ancors, images, tables, etc) in Preview-section. And we could see made changes in almost real-mode. Thanks.
Viktor2016

Postby Aivars » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:54 pm

It already works if you use Generated CSS preview. The preview will scroll to corresponding position when you click inside the CSS ruleset with a mouse. I'm assuming you want a similar feature when HTML file that uses the CSS file is used for preview instead of the Generated Preview. And, if, let's say, user is editing h1 { ... } then scroll to the first h1 element in the document? Do I understand the idea correctly?
Aivars

Postby Viktor2016 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Yes, i meant "HTML file that uses the CSS file is used for preview instead of the Generated Preview".
And if "editing h1 { ... } then scroll to the first h1 element in the document" - this is too good idea.
But i think there is necessary to add highlighting the same blocks on page (as i described above), on which extended declared rulesets. Not permanent, but, for example, when holding "Ctrl" key.
Viktor2016

Postby Aivars » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Ok, got it! We'll think about the technical implications and whether we can add it. Thanks for the idea!
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests