Preview Address bar

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Preview Address bar

Postby pety » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 pm

I would like to see in Address bar Preview the real path, not "Generate preview file"
I have UwAmp (Apache, Php and Mysql) localy instaled.

Is it any way to see automatically the real address? Maybe when use Preview mapping? Ex. http://localhost/menus/index.php
But no manualy grab/write it.
pety

Re: Preview Address bar

Postby Aivars » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:01 pm

If you use "Generate preview file" then you can find out the address when you need it using Internet Explorer preview, right click the document, select properties.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pety » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Aivars wrote:If you use "Generate preview file" then you can find out the address when you need it using Internet Explorer preview, right click the document, select properties.

Thanks for your fast response.
I know the address, but I want to see it where it is its place.
Becouse I rapidly can change the files to preview them.

Navigating in File Explorer, double click the file, clicking php file tabs then click preview is a litle bit annoying.
I hope it is a good point for you.
pety

Postby pmk65 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 am

pety wrote:Navigating in File Explorer, double click the file, clicking php file tabs then click preview is a litle bit annoying.

You should consider installing a task runner like Gulp
Then you can write a watcher script that automatically refreshes the browser whenever you save a file.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby pety » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 pm

pmk65 wrote:
pety wrote:Navigating in File Explorer, double click the file, clicking php file tabs then click preview is a litle bit annoying.

You should consider installing a task runner like Gulp
Then you can write a watcher script that automatically refreshes the browser whenever you save a file.

@pmk65
Thanks for your advice.
I will try it becouse I built a new server for my developement.

But I would like Webuilder with localhost path in address bar. When I work in Webuilder I do not like to have a lot of third party apps.
I know that is a good feature.
pety

Postby Aivars » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:20 pm

The challenge is to display address while still making perfectly clear that it is generated automatically and depends on file name, location etc. We'll try to think of something if we can.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pety » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Aivars wrote:The challenge is to display address while still making perfectly clear that it is generated automatically and depends on file name, location etc. We'll try to think of something if we can.

Thanks for trying.
pety

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests