Show name of active color scheme

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Show name of active color scheme

Postby pmk65 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Currently it's not possible to see which color scheme is active.

It would be nice if it was shown above the "Open Color Scheme..." button.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Show name of active color scheme

Postby Aivars » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Hmm, I don't think that's possible. The color scheme file is more like a snapshot of values that's read into the Color settings. There is no persistent link with the color scheme file after that and all the colors can be freely customized and changed.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

So if you modify the colors after loading a color scheme, and exit the editor are the color setting stored in some other config file?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:22 pm

They're stored in registry.
Aivars

Postby pmk65 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:00 am

Thanks for explanation. That makes sense..
pmk65

Postby Will Fastie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 pm

It is possible. Just store the name of the most recently loaded scheme in the Registry as well. Call it "Current Scheme" or something similar.

If the user saves the current setting as a scheme, save that as the Current Scheme.

If the user loads a scheme and then makes changes, adjust the Current Scheme name to include the suffix "(modified)." I think the "modified" tag would also need to be stored in the Registry.
  • When a scheme is loaded and the Apply or OK button is clicked, modified is set to false.
  • If a change is made to the scheme, modified is set to true when the Apply or OK button is clicked.
  • If current settings are saved to a scheme, whether saving to an existing name or a new one, modified is set to false.
One plus of this would be the ability to load a scheme, modify it, and then save it under a different name (e.g., "Default Dark WF.xsc"). I think you can see the advantage here - I'll know the scheme is Default Dark but that it's Will Fastie's (WF) version, not the default.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Postby pmk65 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Will Fastie wrote:It is possible. Just store the name of the most recently loaded scheme in the Registry as well. Call it "Current Scheme" or something similar.

If the user saves the current setting as a scheme, save that as the Current Scheme.

If the user loads a scheme and then makes changes, adjust the Current Scheme name to include the suffix "(modified)." I think the "modified" tag would also need to be stored in the Registry.
  • When a scheme is loaded and the Apply or OK button is clicked, modified is set to false.
  • If a change is made to the scheme, modified is set to true when the Apply or OK button is clicked.
  • If current settings are saved to a scheme, whether saving to an existing name or a new one, modified is set to false.
One plus of this would be the ability to load a scheme, modify it, and then save it under a different name (e.g., "Default Dark WF.xsc"). I think you can see the advantage here - I'll know the scheme is Default Dark but that it's Will Fastie's (WF) version, not the default.

+1
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:25 pm

You can click Save Color Scheme in Preferences -> Text Editor -> Colors and save the current scheme as e.g. My Color Scheme, after you have selected/tweaked the colors.
Aivars

Postby Will Fastie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Aivars wrote:You can click Save Color Scheme in Preferences -> Text Editor -> Colors and save the current scheme as e.g. My Color Scheme, after you have selected/tweaked the colors.

Yes, but that does not address this suggestion.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests