Sharing library snippets with others

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Sharing library snippets with others

Postby pmk65 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 pm

I have build a library (work in progress) of snippets for FastScript/JScript plugin authoring. And I can see the data is stored in "/AppData/Roaming/Blumentals/WeBuilder/settings/library.xml"
- But this file contains ALL library data, so how do I EXPORT ONLY the relevant folder/section?
- And how can other users IMPORT my library section WITHOUT overwriting their existing library?

I can't see the current implementation of the Import/Export functionality solve this problem.
So it this is not possible, then this feature is a MUST!

- Also what is the folder "/AppData/Roaming/Blumentals/WeBuilder/settings/library_data/" used for? (Mine is empty.)

ASP, JS, PHP and SSI har their own snippets located in "/AppData/Roaming/Blumentals/WeBuilder/settings/snippets/". These uses a different XML format than "/AppData/Roaming/Blumentals/WeBuilder/settings/library.xml". Yet when you edit the snippet inside WeBuilder, the panel/window is identical (Snippet Editor).
- So why is there 2 different snippet formats?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Sharing library snippets with others

Postby Aivars » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Right now there is no import/export functionality for a subset of the snippets.

library_data folder is used for projects. If you're using projects, you can use many useful things, such as "Find declaration" and Go To Anything window to quickly find any class, function etc.

ASP/JS/PHP/SSI snippets are not hierarchal, they are simple lists. If you're wondering about Contents1 and Contents1Ex - these have to do with unicode and compatibility. If you're not using version 2010 or older then you can assume those need to be equal.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks.
I'll make a plugin for exporting/importing snippet parts first. :)
Should be pretty straightforward as the XML isn't that complex.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby pmk65 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:58 am

Exporting was easy to make, but with importing I ran into a problem. As WeBuilder generates a new "library.xml" when the editor is closed.

Is there any way I can prevent that, or overwrite the active snippets with my merged "library.xml"?
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 am

I don't see any way to do that with plugins, sorry. Maybe by creating a standalone tool that merges the XML while editor is closed?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Aivars wrote:I don't see any way to do that with plugins, sorry. Maybe by creating a standalone tool that merges the XML while editor is closed?

Yes, that seems to be the only solution. Thanks for clearing that up.
pmk65

Postby DaveMorton » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm

This is something that I would be VERY interested in for use with Rapid PHP, as it's my go to IDE. If possible, I'd like to at least know about your progress, and would be more than happy to beta test whatever you come up with. If you're interested, please send me a PM so that we can share contact info. Thanks.

Of course if you're not interested, that's ok too. :D
DaveMorton

Postby pmk65 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 am

DaveMorton wrote:This is something that I would be VERY interested in for use with Rapid PHP, as it's my go to IDE. If possible, I'd like to at least know about your progress, and would be more than happy to beta test whatever you come up with. If you're interested, please send me a PM so that we can share contact info. Thanks.

Of course if you're not interested, that's ok too. :D

My home computer had a TOTAL meltdown last week, so I had to buy a new computer. Im still in the process of trying to restore stuff from the old HD. (Real men doesn't make backups :D)
I'll send you a PM once I find the code.
pmk65

Postby DaveMorton » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm

I feel your pain. Been there myself a time or four. I'm a patient person, so no worries. :)
DaveMorton

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support