Grid lines and more training videos

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Grid lines and more training videos

Postby GregK » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:24 am

Hello,
I just started using HTMLPad for my web development classes with eClasses.org. So far I am pretty impressed with this program. I like it much better than UltraEdit ,Dreamweaver CC, and Notepad ++.

One wish would be if you added adjustable Grid Lines to the preview and split views. This would help aid in adjusting width and heights when one made the incorrect pad and margin calculations. Oh yeah, maybe integrate a way to re-calculate the width and heights after adding margins and paddings. This would help us design much faster.

Maybe encourage users to submit their time saving snippets for availability, and, or create a web page demonstrating their advantages and uses.

A few more helpful training videos by some of the resident experts would be really nice to see. That would help us newbies get up to speed faster.

Keep up the good work, very cool program!
~Greg
GregK

Re: Grid lines and more training videos

Postby Aivars » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:27 pm

One thing that might help you - in Preview, use Chrome preview, right-click the element that you want to verify the margins and paddings and dimensions, select Inspect Element - this will open Developer Tools and you should see the element box with all the values. It saves a lot of time sometimes.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby GregK » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks, I will give that a try,
~Greg
GregK

Postby pmk65 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:01 pm

If next version of Editor gets an option for using custom bookmarklets, then there's several bookmarklets that offers gridlines.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby csengh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 am

GregK wrote:
One wish would be if you added adjustable Grid Lines to the preview and split views. This would help aid in adjusting width and heights when one made the incorrect pad and margin calculations.

Also would be very useful when use multiple div blocks and images in the same line.
+1

Or maybe you can allow to drag some horizontal and vertical leading lines from rulers.
csengh

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests