AutoReplace ! with !important can't be removed or changed

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

AutoReplace ! with !important can't be removed or changed

Postby Multicoder » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 pm

(WeBuilder Version 15.0.0.199 - portable configuration)

Hey there,

first of all, the ! with the replacement "!important" can't be found in the AutoReplace Window in the settings menu (a search and sort function of the AutoReplace List would be really nice).
When I manually add the exclamation mark with another replacement, it automatically resets it to "!important" after I click "OK".
The ! -> !important replacement also can't be removed entirely.

This issue was present in WeBuilder 2016 as well but currently it's especially annoying since I have to create many static sites this month.

Here is a video showing the issue in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5oH0eOO1tY

~ Daniel
Multicoder

Re: AutoReplace ! with !important can't be removed or change

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 am

We are looking into this and I'll let you know. This should not happen (and doesn't at least with the non-portable, but we are still about to test the portable configuration).
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 pm

We can't reproduce this with portable installation either. I know that we removed ! -> !important replacement several years ago, so my theory is that your autoreplace.dat somehow got damaged or broken during this time. You can try to replace it with a current one from a fresh installation or use the one I've attached here.

Copy it to <your portable installation directory>\settings\ folder while WeBuilder is closed.
Attachments
autoreplace.zip
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Multicoder » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:47 pm

That did indeed fix it :)
Thank you! :D
Multicoder

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support