TODO and filter files

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

TODO and filter files

Postby megaten » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 am

Hello,
On my project I use some 3d party library ( OL3 javascript library ). These external library use also the TODO feature, and I have a really long item list not at all regarding my project.
During the display of the item list I see a message ' 20555 files excludede by filters'. Is there possible to manage that exclude liste to remove the unnecessary items, where is that list?
By the way It seems that the shortcut : Ctl-Shift-T is not working on my release: 13.0.5.169
Thanks for your help
megaten

Re: TODO and filter files

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 am

You can exclude the library in question from your project. Click menu Project -> Edit Current Project -> Excluded Files and Folders, then Add Folder.
At this moment the list is not editable, but I've wanted to make it editable for a while, so expect to be able to do this in one of the next versions. Regarding shortcut - probably Ctrl + Shift + T is assigned to another command or not assigned at all. Click menu Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts to assign shortcut to Todo.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby CEP » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi,
I too would love to see an easy way of excluding folders from the Project ToDo and/or custom TODO tags like // TODO-john: or similar.
Its a real pain working with third party libraries in your project.
However simply excluding folders from the project doesn't help when you are working on a plugin, in a folder within a third party application that has loads of subfolders.
I often end up using my own tags then 'find in files' or find and replacing todo tags in third party files.
A separate docking window for Project ToDo would be nice so you can keep current search results/messages on display at the same time.
Thanks
CEP

Postby Aivars » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 pm

I guess the ability to customize TODO tags would solve most of the issues. I'll add +1 to the suggestion.
Aivars

Postby CEP » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am

Hi, I've just upgraded to the new version - WeBuilder 2018.I noticed that this has been addressed, on the whatsnew2018 page on the website it says: Experts can now customize TODO keyword pattern via todo.ini fileI've tried editing the todo.ini file in Progam Files(x86)\WeBuilder 2018\data and re-opening WeBuilder but can't seem to get it to work.The file now reads:[Todo]Pattern=(FIXME|TODO|CHANGED|CEPTDS):[^\n]*And obviously I've added a few entries of // CEPTDS: My custom todo examplein project files and saved them.I can't find any further mention or documentation of the new feature.Any help would be greatly appreciated
CEP

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm

I've tried your example and it works for me. Here, check if everything looks the same for you:

todocustompattern.png
todocustompattern.png (61.67 KiB) Viewed 4382 times

Note that to edit todo.ini, you either have to open editor As Administrator or alternatively, copy it out from the C:\Program Files (x86)\WeBuilder 2018\data, then edit it and then copy it back.
Aivars

Postby CEP » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:04 am

Hi, thanks, yes you are correct it was actually working, the new pattern was indeed in the list with the thousands of others normal TODO ones, I was looking for a new flag in the results.
If I remove FIXME|TODO|CHANGED then I can filter out my custom pattern easily.
Bit of a pain to have to keep changing the ini file.

I had thought that the results would be separated to make it easy to find your own todos and filter out all the third party stuff.
Something like - in the menu-> Projects - Project ToDo
There could be a sub-menu with check boxes:

Show/Refresh Project ToDos
-----------------------------------
[ ] Include Standard ToDos
[ ] Include CEPTDS ToDos

Then in the results have a separate flag for the custom ToDos

That would be nice.

Thanks for your help
CEP

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:18 am

Ok, we will keep improving this, if there is demand. Thank you!
Aivars

Postby CEP » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am

Thank you, much appreciated.
I love the new version, seems a lot faster and the dark theme is awesome!
CEP

Postby Multicoder » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:35 pm

The ability to see the custom keywords as separate flags would actually be pretty handy.
I personally would use this to organize my work without having to write everything down in a separate file.
Multicoder

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support