Keyboard shortcut for bookmarks?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Keyboard shortcut for bookmarks?

Postby connect-technologies » Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi,

are there keyboard shortcuts for the bookmarks?
Or even better: a sidepanel with the overview of the used bookmarks with a preview of the first chars of the line of the bookmark? That would be perfect! Perhaps a plug-in solution?

thanks

christopher

version RapidPHP 15.1.0.212
connect-technologies

Re: Keyboard shortcut for bookmarks?

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:52 am

You can use shortcuts Ctrl + Shift + 1..9 to toggle a bookmark and Ctrl + 1..9 to jump to the particular bookmark. I use this all the time.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby FrankC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Aivars, I assigned Ctrl+1 to <h1>|</h1> and Ctrl+2 to <h2>|</h2> a while ago. Is there an easy way to assign them back to jumping to the bookmarks? (And could you remove my signature if you have a minute? It's obsolete and I have v. 2018.)
FrankC

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Click menu Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts, filnd Heading 1, click Assign Shortcut, press Delete and OK. Same with Heading 2.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby FrankC » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:50 am

That's solved, too. But I would have an improvement suggestion. Currently, if Bookmark 1 is out of sight below the editor view port and I click Ctrl+1, the editor jumps to the bookmark. But that makes the bookmark appear at the bottom of the view port. While if Bookmark 1 is out of sight above the view port, it appears at the top. I'd think it makes much more sense, at least would be more convenient, to have set bookmarks always appear at the top if Goto Bookmarks is used.
FrankC

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support