Saving settings doesn't work

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Postby Felipe Alameda » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:34 am

Using Webuilder 2016 Version 14.0

I am having problems saving some settings such as Preferences->PHP Settings, Preferences->Text Editor->View and others.

They are always lost even when exported with Options->Export Settings...

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Felipe Alameda

Re: Saving settings doesn't work

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:19 am

There is a known issue with Export Settings - the settings that you modified in the current session might not be exported, so if you have just modified any of the settings, restart the editor and then export settings to have the modifications exported as well.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Felipe Alameda » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Aivars:
Did what you suggest and it works.
When settings are exported, modifications made during the session are not only not saved but deleted. Restarting the editor before exporting the settings seems to be one way to solve that bug.
Thanks for your help.
Felipe Alameda

Postby thwbn » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 am

and if you use USB version it even does not keep the settings in mind, only if you check out / close the application. With every new start I have to chnage the language again from EN to DE and set my ftp prject settings again! Oh no!!!

any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Thorsten
thwbn

Postby Aivars » Mon May 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Do you mean it won't remember any settings at all every time you run the editor? Could it be that your USB drive is write-protected?
Aivars

Postby thwbn » Wed May 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi,

yes this is what the update did. no write protection, no special settings on the usb drive
thwbn

Postby Aivars » Fri May 13, 2016 11:04 am

I just tested, made a portable installation to my USB drive, changed my language to German, added a test FTP connection, then closed WeBuilder and re-started it, and everything seems to be OK, WeBuilder remembers the language and the FTP connection.
You can try to delete your current portable installation, re-download the newest version of WeBuilder and re-install it to the USB drive.
Aivars

Postby thwbn » Sun May 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello Aivars,

did as you told.

Now everything works fine. Thanks. don't know what it was. By be it was my fault, because I tried to install it on the root of the stick. And afterwords I moved the installation folder.

So I guess we can close this thread.

Thorsten
thwbn

Postby csengh » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Hy!
I tried Export Settings to save my customized Toolbar, but do not seem to work :(
e.g. after I restart the program, I Reset Toolbar, then try Import Settings but nothing happens, the toolbar remains reseted, my custom toolbar does not appear.
What's wrong?
csengh

Postby Aivars » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Unfortunately, this feature does not export layout for various technical reasons. If you're moving settings between the same versions, you can copy the layouts manually. It's located in folder C:\Users\Aivars\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\layouts
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support