Bug: Editor constantly hangs with "Not responding"

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Bug: Editor constantly hangs with "Not responding"

Postby pmk65 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:31 pm

The latest release of WeBuilder has an annoying problem. It keeps going into "Not responding" mode whenever I type a function or similar. (Tested with coding JavaScript)
I have tried creating a minimal Project with all files set to Exclude, but that doesn't help. This is extremely annoying as I have to wait 1-2 seconds for the editor to come back to life.

I know I'm not the only one experiencing this, as Hans Meiser reported same problem here: http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7588#p27365
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Bug: Editor constantly hangs with "Not responding"

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Have you still got a previous version of WeBuilder on your system, or have you upgraded it?
Do you know which version of WeBuilder you were using previously?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby pmk65 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:29 am

The version that causes the hanging/delay is 15.3.0.205. I always update to latest version, so the last "good" version must be 15.2.0.204
Unfortunately I don't have the 15.2.0.204 anymore. Is there a place I can download the older versions?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Could you please get me some code that does this? I could hit break while it's frozen and see where it's stuck in and find a way to fix it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:27 pm

If you can reliably reproduce it, let's try to chat in Skype or similarly and find a way to debug this issue.
Aivars

Postby pmk65 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Aivars wrote:Could you please get me some code that does this? I could hit break while it's frozen and see where it's stuck in and find a way to fix it.

I can't reproduce the problem at will. It appears once in a while. But it usually happens when you type a parenthesis. And this seems to be the case for others as well.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7619
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7588#p27365

Is there anything I can do next time it appears? Editor hangs with a "Not Responding" so there's no crash. And it comes back to "life" again after a couple seconds.
It doesn't seem to be any specific file that triggers the problem. But I have only experienced it while working on JavaScript files.
pmk65

Postby treymelton » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 am

This happens in PHP as well. I keep typing and have to go back and make corrections.

Is there anything I can do to help identify the issue? It's rather counterproductive and annoying.
treymelton

Postby Aivars » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:31 pm

I'm not sure whether you're using the latest version but if you are and you get the freezes, contact us here: https://www.webuilderapp.com/support-contact.php
Say that you're from the forums and we'll give you special version of exe that detects frozen UI and generates bugreports which then we can analyze and figure out what caused the freeze.
Aivars

Postby treymelton » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:23 am

Thanks. Am downloading and installing newest version ( thought I had it already ) and will update this thread with results asap.
treymelton

Postby pmk65 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Aivars wrote:I'm not sure whether you're using the latest version but if you are and you get the freezes, contact us here: https://www.webuilderapp.com/support-contact.php
Say that you're from the forums and we'll give you special version of exe that detects frozen UI and generates bugreports which then we can analyze and figure out what caused the freeze.

I got it to hang/crash using the special debug version you provided. Just sent the bugreport data, so lets hope this helps.
pmk65

Postby Hans Meiser » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:48 pm

I push this thread, because after updating to 15.4.0.206 this "hanging" still occurs. And I probably found the culprit: Code Explorer
If the Code Explorer window is active/visible, any faster writing of code causes to hang RapidPHP because of auto-refresh (or something like this). If the Code Explorer window is closed, no hanging is experienced. So I guess there is some bug that stops RapidPHP when Code Explorer auto-refreshes the list.
Can anyone confirm this?
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 pm

*push*
Anybody care to reply to this ... ?
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 am

*push*
Still no reply ... very strange ...
Hans Meiser

Postby pmk65 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Check the forum rules:
This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

If you want a fast result, contact support. ;)
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Hans: could you please send me the particular file? I've been working with .php and .js files and Code Explorer is always open to me so it's not common to have any freezes related to it. I suspect it's related to some particular code or constructions or something else that we will try to figure out.
Aivars

Next

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support