Sorting a CSS with Rapid CSS

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Sorting a CSS with Rapid CSS

Postby GeorgeBell » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:57 pm

As this is my first post, my apologies if I have selected the wrong forum.

Some of you may have heard of and even use Madcap Software's "Flare". https://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/

This allows you to use a common set of content files to generate a wide variety of outputs from Help files, web content to print documentation.

Unfortunately a major failing is that the resultant CSS generated when new Styles are added is frankly, and to be polite, untidy. Instead of being added to relevant groups according to the output media, new styles are simply added at the end of the file.

While Rapid CSS can show the grouping, is it at all possible to have this applied by Rapid CSS to the CSS itself used in Flare?

If so, I'll wipe the dust off my plastic and buy a full copy.
GeorgeBell

Re: Sorting a CSS with Rapid CSS

Postby pmk65 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:38 am

It depends on what you mean by "sorting". ;)

There's a couple plugins that can cleanup/sort CSS, like CSSCombWB, CSScomb with browserify and BeautifyWB. You can also run arbitrary Gulp/Nodejs tasks using the Gulp Taskrunner plugin.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support