Snippet shortcut don't work

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Snippet shortcut don't work

Postby csengh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Hy!
I created a snippet and assigned for it Alt+S without any conflict.
Now when I press this shortcut the "Search menu" bar is activate(probably WB originaly assigns this shortcut for Toolbar Menu).
How can I rewrite that shorcut keys for my snippet?( when I edit my snippet appears this key as assigned and when I close the window no error alert of any kind.)
csengh

Re: Snippet shortcut don't work

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Right-click your snippet in Library pane, select Edit Snippet, click inside the Shortcut key field and press Backspace to clear the current shortcut combination or press the new shortcut you would like to use, then press OK.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby csengh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Aivars wrote:Right-click your snippet in Library pane, select Edit Snippet, click inside the Shortcut key field and press Backspace to clear the current shortcut combination.

I do not want to delete it, the current combination of shortcuts is OK, but unfortunately it does not work!

The key combination is: Alt+S and does not work. :?:
csengh

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 pm

That's because Alt + S is reserved for Search menu. If you look at the menu items, you'll notice that each of them has a letter underline. Pressing Alt + that letter will open the corresponding menu. This is a standard Windows functionality.

If you still insist on using Alt + S, you can rename the menu item. Right click the menu, select Customize. Then, while Customize dialog is visible, right click "Search" menu item, change its name by removing & from "&Search".

renamesearch.png
renamesearch.png (32.73 KiB) Viewed 2629 times
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby csengh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Solved, thank You!
csengh

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support