Suggestions for 2020 - font ligatures and async exec in api

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Suggestions for 2020 - font ligatures and async exec in api

Postby ttx » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am

Hi, as of every year, i am writing my suggestions for next version of your editors.

First is code ligatures, mainly to use with the new font from microsoft, Cascadia Code: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandl ... adia-code/

Second is to add function to your plugin API, which will work like ExecuteCommand, only asynchronous - so i dont have to wait on frozen editor, while the plugins compile less/sass on save (3-5 seconds)

Thanks for adding idea i suggested, with the docked search panel :D
ttx

Re: Suggestions for 2020 - font ligatures and async exec in

Postby pmk65 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:05 pm

ttx wrote:Second is to add function to your plugin API, which will work like ExecuteCommand, only asynchronous - so i dont have to wait on frozen editor, while the plugins compile less/sass on save (3-5 seconds)

If you run "START <command>" with ExecuteCommand it will detach from current process
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ands/start

You can also use the "WScript.Shell" object like this:
Code: Select all
    var WSO = CreateOleObject("WScript.Shell");
    //WSO.run("cmd.exe /K \""+ cmd + "\"", 1);
    WSO.run("cmd.exe /C \""+ cmd + "\"", 0);

Or you can use my Gulp Taskrunner plugin which can be setup to watch local folders and process them in background when you save. (Uses Websocket to communicate with Webuilder)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests