Exporting settings from Rapid PHP 2018 to HTML Pad 2020?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Exporting settings from Rapid PHP 2018 to HTML Pad 2020?

Postby midipixel » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Hey folks,

I'm considering downgrading from Rapid to HTML Pad for the time being, as I don't use most of the PHP functionality. Is there a way to export settings from Rapid PHP 2018 to HTML Pad 2020? I tried the conventional method (szip files from the menu), but it didn't work. Any workarounds? I've spent a good amount of time working on lots of customizations, it'd be sad if I couldn't migrate them.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Werther
midipixel

Re: Exporting settings from Rapid PHP 2018 to HTML Pad 2020?

Postby Aivars » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:27 pm

The easiest way to do it is
1. Run Rapid PHP
2. Export settings
3. Close Rapid PHP
4. Open HTMLPad and import settings
We just tested that and it works.

Note that HTMLPad doesn't have any PHP functionality, no preview for PHP scripts, no highlighting etc.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby midipixel » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:09 pm

Hey Aivars,

I was doing exactly that, and was under the impression that it didn't work. However, I see now that it's because the UI toolbar customizations and plugins apparently don't get exported. Do you confirm?

Library, settings and projects look ok, though.
midipixel

Postby midipixel » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm

Oh, as for not having PHP functionality, I'm aware. I've actually been an HTML Pad user for over 10 years before trying Rapid PHP. I mostly work on the front end anyway, but thanks for the heads up.
midipixel

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support