Suggestions for 2020

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Suggestions for 2020

Postby stusek » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello,
can you add feature from a menu file (File explorer) "Upload to FTP" and "Reload from FTP" in to tab menu (Right click on tab)?
Now is there only "Save to FTP" only.

Thanks
stusek

Re: Suggestions for 2020

Postby stusek » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 am

Can you add to Code Explorer function list for ASP? Yes, its old language, but I have to work with it and I think, that this feature is not complicated for add.
Thanks
stusek

Postby Aivars » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:20 pm

I'll look into adding Upload to FTP and Reload from FTP to menu commands.
Regarding ASP - I will add this to suggestions list, but unless there is a renewed interest for ASP programming overall, there's a lot of things that we need to add before that.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby stusek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:17 am

Some programming editors allow to add support for languages by yourself with defining specific files, in which are definitions. It is possible in WebBuilder too?

Aivars wrote:I'll look into adding Upload to FTP and Reload from FTP to menu commands.
Regarding ASP - I will add this to suggestions list, but unless there is a renewed interest for ASP programming overall, there's a lot of things that we need to add before that.
stusek

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:34 am

Definition files exist for syntax highlighting and stuff like that, but not for Code Explorer, because it's more about algorithmic logic than definitions. Remember that you need to be able to parse half-finished and broken code that's being edited and modified.
I can imagine a Code Explorer plugin though. If you're up for creating something like that, I could open some Code Explorer APIs for plugins. But I really can't see writing such plugin as an easy task.
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am

Unless you're only talking about parsing ASPX template as HTML/XML, ignoring all the ASP code?
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests