Rapid PHP 2020 - no auto complement/function lookup anymore

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Rapid PHP 2020 - no auto complement/function lookup anymore

Postby roemer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi! Newest version of RapidPhp 2020. 16.0.0.225

In Rapid PHP I always worked without a problem with a webdrive. That is Windows drive letter mapped to a directory on a remote webserver (with FTP as underlying technique). This way I can use local path names to directly work on our test server. That way I also always had an up to date Rapid PHP library of function names on that test server. To use to find a function definition or to auto complement function names and see popups with parameters for a function.

With 2020, all this hardly ever works. Also the program freezes a lot for a few seconds. First thought is that the program is more disk I/O intensive, which is on a webdrive ofcourse very slow (everything via ftp).

I hardly ever see the parameters of the functions in the files in my include libraries, hardly ever can do a lookup of the function, and the times that it does work, everything freezes for 5 seconds. In RP 2016 this was NEVER a problem.

Is it possible that 2020 does not cache the function library anymore, or something is wrong with that? It makes working SO MUCH harder that I either need to switch back to 2016 or choose a competitor software.

Hope there is a solution!
Last edited by roemer on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
roemer

Re: Rapid PHP 2020 - no auto complement/function lookup anym

Postby roemer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:26 pm

PS. The Code Explorer and the File explorer both work fine. It really has something to do with that library.
roemer

Postby roemer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:49 pm

I think I am onto a bug. Compare the two images.

Here it doesn't recognise the include path and thus the include file and thus the functions in it.

However, if I just move the include a few lines down, it works.

ALL INCLUDES ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT IN MY PHP FILE ARE NOT RECOGNISED, BELOW THAT POINT THEY ARE. That code has nothing to do with it (also not the fact that I put it within a class - that was to test only and found me the bug). The unfound 'funcs.php' for instance is at the top of the file, outside of the class definition and is also not recognised. It really has to do with the position in the file only: after line 170 it works, before it doesn't.

My code is correct and has been running for years. Also in Rapid PHP 2016 everything worked normally.

UPDATE: when code explorer does NOT recognise include files, it still does sometimes (but mostly not) a function parameter popup. So the bug seems to be unrelated to what I mentioned above.

Sigh.
roemer

Postby Aivars » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:47 pm

1. Regarding requires - if I understand everything correctly, the issue is that the icon is incorrect? We'll fix it in the next update.

2. It might be that your project library has got corrupted somehow. Close the editor, then go to %appdata%\Blumentals\WeBuilder\settings\library_data and delete lib_<yourproject>.sqlite file.

3. We've received a report that there is one anti-virus software (sorry, I've forgotten its name) that slows down the new RapidPHP. The customer who had this issue fixed it by adding Rapid PHP folders to whitelist.

Or you can try this:

4. Run Process Explorer (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s-explorer) and check which File Operations cause the slowdown. This utility shows any file operations and if you right-click columns, you can add "Duration" column, to see, which ones are slow.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support