Can I have a background image

Post your questions and problem reports here

Can I have a background image

Postby sarahk » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:25 am

Hi

I've just downloaded your software and so far it seems very easy to use.

The only thing that I can't see how to do, and I think might be possible, is to set one of the frames as background, or permanently on. Is it possible.

thanks

Sarah
sarahk

background image

Postby mathetos » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:23 am

you need to pick your background image and make sure that it is at the top of the list of images within your animation. Then change the value of the "undraw/disposal method" drop-down menu (under the "frame" tab) to "restore background". All the images after the background image need to be set to this. This will make them disappear after they have been shown. You will also need to set a transparency color so that your background image shows up behind the other images. Hope that helps. If all else fails just play around with all the features and you'll figure it out.
mathetos

Re: background image

Postby kristinstokes » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:58 pm

mathetos wrote:you need to pick your background image and make sure that it is at the top of the list of images within your animation. Then change the value of the "undraw/disposal method" drop-down menu (under the "frame" tab) to "restore background". All the images after the background image need to be set to this. This will make them disappear after they have been shown. You will also need to set a transparency color so that your background image shows up behind the other images. Hope that helps. If all else fails just play around with all the features and you'll figure it out.

those directions make the animation come out
1st frame: background image
2nd frame: (first frame of your foreground animation)
3rd frame: (second frame of your foreground animation and so on)
4th frame: background image
5th frame: (first frame of your foreground animation)
and so on and so on

it does not keep your first image/frame as the background for all the rest of the frames. better directions anyone?
kristinstokes

Postby Aivars » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Do as mathetos reccommended, but instead of Restore Background use Restore Previous.
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support