Video screensaver not working

Post your questions and problem reports here

Video screensaver not working

Postby denbid » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:12 pm

I have tried every format that is known to Screensaver Factory 4 and I can't get any of them to play. I'm using the demo version to decide if this is the program I want to use.
denbid

Postby chrisjlocke » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:12 am

Best suited to the support forum, rather than feature requests.
Moving...

Does it not play at all, or do you get an error? What operating system are you using?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Re: Video screensaver not working

Postby samstern » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:33 am

I have tried every format that is known to Screensaver Factory 4 and I can't get any of them to play. I'm using the demo version to decide if this is the program I want to use.

I've had two manifestations of this problem:

1) The computer did not have Windows Media player 9 installed. Installing WMP 9 fixed the not playing on the developemnt machine problem.
2) We made several movies into screen savers that the dev machine could play but would not play on the test machine. The problem turned out to be that the movie itself was using a codec not found on the test machine (DivX). so by rencoding the movie to use a more popular codec (WMP 7) we solved the problem.

A very usefull tool for determing what codec a given movie is encoded with is called gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

hth,

Sam S.
samstern

Location: Grand Island, New York, USA (Near Buffalo, New York)

Postby Karlis » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:48 pm

Yes, samstern is completely correct. If you use compressed video which is compressed with a codec that does not come with Windows, you may have to install that codec on the end-user computer, to be able to run the video screensaver containing compressed video.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support