After trail runs out?

Post your questions and problem reports here

After trail runs out?

Postby wulf » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:56 am

After a trail runs out customer is not able to unlock the screensaver.
So after uninstalling and reinstalling (new download same saver)
You get a message Thad there are only 0 days left.
A lot off people wait till the last trail day and donā€™t know how to edit the registry, were you have to delete the folder for the screensaver before you download the same saver again to unlock? People will get frustrated and I will lose a customer. Can this be fixed?

I remember Thad you like plains my new one has lots of them.
http://www.southsidedigitalimaging.com/saver.html
W.G
wulf

Postby Karlis » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Please let me know what do you mean by "After a trial runs out customer is not able to unlock the screensaver."

If you have enabled the unlock key, there is a button for entering the unlock key in the dialog that displays the number of uses left. If you have not enabled the nag-screen, this window is displayed only when there are 0 days left, however if you have enabled the neg screen, it is diisplayed every time the screensaver is closed.

Additionally it can be done by opening Display Properties, selecting the screensaver, clicking Settings, then clicking Register and Enter Key.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

After a trial runs out customer is not able to unlock the sc

Postby wulf » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:33 am

I build several trail (3-5-10-Day) screensavers with the nag screen and unique unlock key. I tray out all my savers on my pc, and the nag screen and countdown works.
I see the green progress bar and the days count down. But when the nag screen sows 0 days left and you click the button for entering the unlock key (name and key generated With the correct seed # ) nothing happens the screensaver will not unlock. :cry:
The key values Name and Key in the registry are not created. Unlocking the screensaver is only possible with adding those string values manual to the screensaver.
I hope this explains this problem if not download my funny movie saver itā€™s a 3 day trail and wait for 3 days. I e-mail a key for you so you can tray unlocking the saver.
http://www.southsidedigitalimaging.com/saver.html
W.G
wulf

Postby Karlis » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:54 pm

So as I understand, you click Enter Key and then the dialog window opens. After you enter the name and key it accepts your name and key, however they are not saved to registry, right?

What kind of windows user account are you logged onto? Is it possible for you to try this on Windows user account with admin privileges and get back to us with your observations?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

After a trail runs out

Postby wulf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:35 am

Iā€™m always lodged on with admin privileges.
I also receive an error message when trying to unlock. ( 3 of my costumers received the same massage.)
After the popup screen 0 days left.
Access violation at address 004C3BA8 in moduleā€¯ name of saver ā€œ .scr
Write of address 0000024C.
W.G
wulf

Postby Karlis » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:57 pm

It must be something that happens only with your particular screensaver, because I did try the screensaver you provided and entered the name/key you gave me and it worked just fine.

Try creating a screensaver with only one image and tell me what are your observations on this.

Could it be that you have attempted to compress or alter the scr file in any way?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

After trail runs out?

Postby wulf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:56 am

My server is not supporting .exe files. So I zip them up in a zip folder.
If you downloaded one of my savers to test you probably noticed.
I hope you arenā€™t telling me the screensaver .exe file canā€™t be compressed in to a zip folder?
Maybe you can recommend a zip utility Thad will work with your screensaver factory.
W.G
wulf

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:04 pm

No, the zip should be just fine... I was thinking maybe you did something with the exe.

Anyway I will be waiting for your reply to my last e-mail.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support