ssprev error

Post your questions and problem reports here

ssprev error

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:47 pm

When trying to preview a screensaver I get the error: "SSPREV.SCR Application Error. The application failed to initialise properly(0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Equally, when I do Create Screensaver Setup (with test setup ticked) I get an error. Either a) a message saying that SFP could not create the screensaver and "pleae check if the Properties window is open", which it is not, or b) the setup is generated and run but when I want to Preview the screensaver nothing happens (nor does the screensaver start after the specifed time).

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:19 pm

Doing some further testing this seems to have to do with the custom icon. Using a 32x32 ICO file I get the above error. Using a 16x16 ICO file nothing happens (i.e. the screensavver does not even launch when I test it). Removing the ICO file it seems to work OK.

Are there any specific requirements on the icon file?

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:29 pm

Here is what can you try:

1) Please try using different ICO file it must include at least two formats - 16x16 and 32x32 and be a valid icon file in ICO format.

2) If this does not help, please fill out support form at http://www.blumentals.net/support/support.php we need to know your system settings in order to properly investigate this.

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:37 pm

One of the two icons I tried was a valid 32 and 16 icon (it works well with other apps). I will investigate a bit more and try variations.

Return to Screensaver Factory Support