Problems with mp3 files

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problems with mp3 files

Postby ckabi » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:14 pm

Hello! I had ready my screensaver using 5 wav files and everything was ok! Because the size was big I converted wav files to mp3. But Screensaver Factory playes only the first and stops. I tried different files for first with no success. Also I tried to use another program for the convertion. Again no success

What is going on? Any Idea?
ckabi

Postby chrisjlocke » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:16 am

This has been reported before, but the person who started to topic never followed it up, so it couldn't be looked into.
http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?t=1124

If you could provide further details, it would aid our investigation.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby ckabi » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:25 am

I made a new topic because my problem is different from the other persons's problem. Tell me what more information you want from me.

The scenario is the following. I add 5 times the same mp3. When I push the play button to any of this 5 same files, it plays ok. When I Preview or setup the screensaver It plays only one time (the first) and then stops. If I do the same with wav files everything is ok
ckabi

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:31 pm

This is very strange behavior. for us to be able to test whether the fault is in your files or PC or in Screensaver Factory itself, we would like to have these mp3 files available for download. Please let me know how can we arrange this. It would be great if you could upload these files somewhere, so that we can download them.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

MP3 files

Postby Tom » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:24 am

I recently purchased SSF4.2 and must say I have encountered no problems with it so far. I have tried duplicating a few of the problems I have seen posted in the forum but was unsuccessful in encountering any problem. Specifically MP3 files. I built a test screensaver and inserted 5 MP3 files (some enigma songs ripped from my cd's). The screensaver played all 5 without a problem, which confused me a bit since I was expecting to have a problem with them. Then something I remembered when I was having problems with a home dvd player I was creating some mp3 cd's to play on it.
It seemed that only MP3's recorded at 44100mhz would work on it because of the programming in the dvd player. I also had some problems streaming mp3's from a christmas webpage i made a couple of years ago with mp3's that were recorded at a different mhz. I don't know if this is a solution but worth a try.
Tom

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Thanks Tom, it is an idea to try for those who are having mp3 problems.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support