question about videos and music

Post your questions and problem reports here

question about videos and music

Postby zailence » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:41 pm

I'd like to put few video clips and few images together into one screensaver file.
I'd like to add songs when the images are shown as well, but the problem is, how do i turn the music off while the video clip is played and how do I get the music on when images are shown?
right now, it's like, when my video clip is shown, the background music comes up as well, so how can I set it so that whenever a video clip is shown, that there is no background music?

edit:
another problem I have is .avi files.
after installing divx codec, the video is shown, but what do I need to hear the audio as well?
zailence

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Unfortunately, there is no advanced 'timeline' facility, eg, at this point play this file, stop playing that, and then play that.

What you can do however, and it does involve an awful lot of work, is to simply use one soundtrack. Eg, if you have a 1min video, want 2 mins of photos (with audio), another 1min video, and another 2 mins of photos, you'd have to use a soundtrack that consisted of 1min of silence, 2mins of music, another 1min of silence, 2mins of music, etc. Even that might not work, as it don't know how the video and music files are played and sorted out - I'd have to have a tinker.

As for the divx not playing the music, there seems to be an issue with playing mp3 files. Its not clear yet whether this is a program issue or codec issue. I believe .avi files use an mp3 audio stream, so this problem might be related. This is pure speculation though, so I don't know - I'd have to test.

If you've a sample .avi / screensaver, feel free to drop it to me.
blu @ chrisjlocke . co . uk
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 pm

Currently there is no advanced sound detection, that would turn background sound off if screensaver video has sound, so you have to choose either to use background sound and silent video OR leave audio background silent and have the sound from video.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support