Links to website only brings up empty browser window

Post your questions and problem reports here

Links to website only brings up empty browser window

Postby sfbaguy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:38 pm

On my Windows 2000 laptop, clicking on either the Website button or the URL on the About dialog brings up IE but only an empty page. It doesn't even appear to try to load a page; it just sits there. It works fine on my Windows XP Pro system.

Any ideas? I was about to register so I could sell some screensavers of my photography this weekend but now I'm concerned.

Thanks,
John
sfbaguy

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:17 pm

Please make sure you enter correct URL. This means that URL must start with http:// and also please make sure that Internet connection is present on your Laptop and no software blocks your browser.

Does it work when you enter the URL manually in the Web browser address bar on your Laptop?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Links to website only brings up empty browser window

Postby sfbaguy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:25 pm

Thank you for responding.

The very same .EXE file works fine on my WinXP system and surfing works fine on my Win2000 system.

I had a total of five browsers installed on that system for testing my website. I uninstalled all of them except IE, reset IE to its defaults, rebooted, and now it works!

I've evaluated several screensaver makers and yours is the best. I'll register now.

Thanks again,
John
http://www.johnvias.com
sfbaguy

Postby Karlis » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:24 pm

Yes, it could be a problem of some other Web browser messing with some system settings, but it should be a very rare case. Anyway it is good that it works fine now.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support