Remember last image in sequential mode.

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

Remember last image in sequential mode.

Postby mcgilles » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:34 am

from what I have seen in the first 5 minutes of trying out this software is that it is the best there is out there. I have been looking for literally years to try to find a screensaver program which has the features that I need. they key feature that everyone else seems to leave out, but this program includes, is the ability to allow the end user to change how long each image is displayed on the screen. Excellent work!

I do have a feature request though, hopefully it will not be too difficult to implement. when running the screensaver in sequential mode, so that I can predefine the order of images, is there any way to have it remember what the last image displayed was, so that the next time the screensaver runs, it can pick up where it left off? the main screensaver I make has as many as 15,000 images in it. I like to set the display length to 60 seconds, so I can go weeks without seeing a repeated image. with those kinds of settings of course, it can't go back to the beginning each time or you will never see the images at the end, and always see the ones at the beginning.

I am making this with image carousel right now, but its a poor piece of software in my opinion, its full of bugs and way behind the times. this software looks much better, if it could include this feature, it would be nearly perfect!

thanks!
mcgilles

Postby mcgilles » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:48 am

If this and other features requested in this forum are added to screensaver factory, will they also be included in screensaver wonder? I make screensavers mostly for my own use, I think the screensaver wonder software is the version that will work best for me.

thanks
mcgilles

Sequential Mode Remember Last Image

Postby Donnyboy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:47 am

I concur that this would be a fantastic improvement. I've made screensavers for customers who distributed them to thousands of end users... the biggest complaint my customer gets is "How come the screensaver always starts at the beginning? I'm NEVER gonna get to see all the beautiful photographs at this rate!"

It's a real issue. When you have hundreds of images, and you have a logical order for the image sequences (such as groups of photos from a unique location, and then another unique location), it becomes a problem we need to address ASAP!!!

Does the moderator of this forum work for Blumentals? Can this feature request be responded to by the compay please?

Don
Donnyboy

Postby chrisjlocke » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:25 am

All feature requests are noted, but programming time has to be split against adding these and sorting bugs in other programs.

15,000 images in a screensaver? :shock:

If 'customers' are moaning that they can't see all the images in their screensavers, then it proves they aren't working at their computers, and they have time to waste! ;)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Features that MAKE MONEY

Postby Donnyboy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:27 am

I understand your point Chris. But certain features will sell more software for Blumentals as well as your customers (us).

I'm trying to sell screensaver participation to merchants, and they want to know that they are going to get equal time on the screensavers as the guys at the beginning of the show. For example, one that I'm working on is called the "Best of Central Oregon," and it includes six geographical areas of interest. I don't want the guys in the last category to never be seen - pretty hard to sell them advertising on a screensaver where they never show up.

So for now I'm stuck with random play... and I can't feature the screensavers by geography (like the best of Bend, the best of Prineville, the best of Sunriver, etc.)... which would be WAY COOL.

Of course this brings up the other feature I requested, making the Logo feature include a link to their website (specific to each advertiser - so an image or slide dedicated link... I know... if wishes were horses...

I'll pay you a hundred dollars for an upgrade that includes these... hell, I'd pay $450 or more for a screensaver program that could do these things. I already paid $400 for Flash which DOES do that... (and $250 for ScreenTime to convert the Flash to a screensaver), but its a royal pain in the ash to make screensavers from Flash.

PLEASE SAVE ME FROM FLASH!!!
Donnyboy

Postby Karlis » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:28 pm

Hello!

This looks like an interesting (and feasible) idea. I have added it to the list of suggestions. I am not sure when exactly, but in 2007 we will definitely look at updating Screensaver Factory.

If some feature is really urgent, we can do a priority custom programming job, it usually takes a few weeks. The rates depend on the requested features and start at $170 per feature. Please contact us at support[at]blumentals.net for more info. This year, we have done 2 custom programming jobs and both customers have been satisfied, because they got what they needed (while these features were something not very important for the rest of us).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mcgilles » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 am

Thank you for your great customer support, it reinforces that this was the right software to buy. I actually Screensaver wonder as I make screensavers for myself and for a club and they are all freely distributed. Adding the feature to have the screensaver remember where it was and pick up where it left off would greatly improve the screensavers I make. The last program I used had this feature, which was great, but no where near as good a program as screensaver wonder. I really look forward to having this feature added into screensaver wonder and screensaver factory. Can we automatically get e-mailed when the newer version is released?
mcgilles

Postby mcgilles » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:24 am

chrisjlocke wrote:15,000 images in a screensaver? :shock:

If 'customers' are moaning that they can't see all the images in their screensavers, then it proves they aren't working at their computers, and they have time to waste! ;)

only my own screensavers are that big, I like it that way because if in remebering sequential mode I can go for many weeks or months of normal screensaver use and never see the same picture twice.
mcgilles

Return to Screensaver Factory Feature Requests