Dual Monitor Issue

Post your questions and problem reports here

Dual Monitor Issue

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi, love Screensaver Wonder, very easy to use, have been using it in the Lounge as a 'Active' Photoframe on a 19" LCD.

The dual Monitor support worked perfectly with RGB 1440x900 (Identified as '1' and Primary, 19"LCD) and SVideo (Identified as '2', 28" TV) 800x600.

Now my dual Monitor support has an issue. The new setup is DVI (Identified as '1', Plasma) 1024x768 and RGB (Identified as '2' and Primary, 19" LCD) 1440x900.

Screensaver Wonder seems to be stuck with wanting to display on the Screen defined as '1' by Windows on DVI although it's not the Primary Monitor.

I need Screensaver Wonder to display only on the Primary Monitor, although it seems to be picking up that it wants to display on the device '1' as identified by Windows.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Many thanks.
Steve

Postby Karlis » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:16 pm

Is it possible for you to identify/set your primary monitor as '1'?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Steve » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:06 am

Thank you for your message.

It is not possible to set the identity of the screens manually. I've had a look through the Registry to see if there's anything that's tweakable but drawn a blank.

From my testing, the Radeon Driver sets the monitor identity based on this priority: DVI, RGB, then SVideo.

Many thanks,
Steve
Steve

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:58 am

Quite a bit of fiddling about later, reboots, driver re-install and registry wiping, the LCD is now Monitor '1', and is displaying correctly on the monitor I want.

Would certainly like to see the multimonitor support expanded (multiple resolutions etc) but for now all is working well.

Many thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I had to remove/reinstall the h/w & screens one at a time to get it to work.
Steve

Return to Screensaver Wonder Support