Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water-

Post your questions and problem reports here

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water-

Postby Anthony » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:16 pm

I resurface in this forum.

Yesterday I bought your screensaver factory pro as a display medium for some animations.

Though I have already written stuff (in Delphi) that will display them at various speeds and resolutions, I have found (to my anger, shame and frustration) that the actual screensaver part of the programming is completely beyond my ability, :oops: so this is where your program comes in.

Two problems though:

For their small size and scalability, I have always used metafiles, and I find that this is not an option. However, since your screensaver prog has no zooming options it's no big deal. I only mention it because I'm a mean spirited nitpicker and making things difficult for others is what I live for.

Second and more important - Your speed adjustment only goes up as far as one image per second. I need a minimum of 10 frames per second, and preferably twelve. This is not a function of the metafile because, as you know, Delphi auto converts such files to bitmaps on the first pass.

I know the speed is achievable because I do it all the time, so it's probably just an adjustment matter. Thing is, I can't find any mention of it in the help files.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Anthony
Anthony

Postby Anthony » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:34 am

er . . Is anybody there? :(
Anthony

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:11 pm

Yes thanks, but as I can't offer anything constructive to say, I'll wait for Karlis. Unfortunately, his time is more precious than mine, so you'll have to wait longer for a reply.

Please rest assured your query will not go unnoticed.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Anthony » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks Chris
Anthony

Postby Karlis » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 pm

I had to remove some angry lines... and I think I owe somebody an explanation.

If you need actual support from the developer, from us, you should always contact us via e-mail or online support form. Forum is provided mostly for user-to-user support.

All support queries received to our e-mail are usually replied within 24 hours. For the forum, it can be up to a week.

I did not remember having received any e-mails from Anthony.

I apologize if you got an impression that this forum primary source for receiving quick response from the developers. It is not, the e-mail/contact form is the fastest.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support