SWF quality drops significantly when scr is created

Post your questions and problem reports here

SWF quality drops significantly when scr is created

Postby Christian Backlund » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:59 pm

I'm having a consistent problem where I'm unable to create screensavers with SSF Enterprise 4 without having my SWFs degrade in quality so that they are noticeably worse than the original files.

I'm exporting the SWFs from Flash 8 and they're around 10-15MB in size.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Christian Backlund

Postby Karlis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:38 am

I'd appreciate if you could send the sample file to us. I believe the problem could be somewhere in Size & Position preferences. Try checking "do not change size" for your SWF item.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:41 am

The only issue I've had with swf files is poor syncronization of the image and audio. I use coffecup firestarter (i'm an idiot when it comes to flash so needed something simple to use). Normally the music (viewing in browsers, etc) and images are synched very well but in a screensaver the audio appears to get a little ahead of the timelines set using firestarter. Not sure what's going on with that. I did make a promo cd using SSF 4.2 enterprise and firestarter which worked quite well. Not sure why this one is acting the way it is.
Tom

Postby Christian Backlund » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:18 pm

Where would you like me to send the files?

I've also encountered a problem where I have a 1024x768 screensaver that when played in the stand-alone SWF player it is the correct size, but the minute I load it into SSFE 4 it is reduced to about half the size. The only setting that will change this is 'stretch to fit screen' but then it isn't as good quality because it's scaled up.

The odd thing too is that the background color of the SWF is stretched right across the screen, as if SSFE 4 thinks that only the embedded FLV is smaller than it really is, but it's happy to display the full width of the SWF.

This is really frustrating as I know categorically that the dimensions of the SWF are 1024x768 but SSFE 4 doesn't display it properly.
Christian Backlund

Postby Karlis » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:02 pm

You can try playing with Flash item sizing options in Properties. Try different options, maybe one of them is better.

You can send your files to software[at]latnet.lv
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support