.scr teying to access 127.0.0.1 on different ports

Post your questions and problem reports here

.scr teying to access 127.0.0.1 on different ports

Postby Hawk » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:46 pm

When I add a flash to the media & run the screensaver (preview or .scr or .exe) the .scr file is trying to access the IP 127.0.0.1 (localhost) on different ports like: 3213 - 3221!

I have tried to create the flash with Swish, Macromedia Flash MX 2004... but the problem remains.

There is no action script in the Flash files.

I know that 127.0.0.1 is the localhost, but that will be suspicious for my customers if their Firewall says that the .scr is trying to access something!

Every time the .scr is launched it trys to access a different port!!

Any help on how can I stop this??

Many thanks in advance,
Hawk
Hawk

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:54 pm

I have just noticed in my ZAP log that when I have instaleld teh trial it is trying to access the same address & ports tooo !!

The port # is increasing by 1 everytime I relaunch the screensaver !! noe its 4000

Postby Karlis » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:58 am

I believe this is somehow connected to flash player. Screensaver Factory uses flash player installed on your system. Unfortunately we really can't controll what Macromedia puts into their player.

Please try to create screensaver without flash. Does the problem remains?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

No Problem When there is no Flash

Postby Hawk » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:12 pm

No, the scr is not trying to access anything when there is no flash in the screensaver.

I though it might be from the player, I have installed the latest flash player to be sure that it was not looking for updaes for the player!

when running the swf file alone, ther is no access too !!

The thing that makes me worry is that everytime it is trying to access by a different port, which means that everytime it is launched, it must be re-denied access from the ZAP.
Hawk

Postby Karlis » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:54 pm

Can you use ZAP to deny any connection by this scr file?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Yes I can

Postby Hawk » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:14 pm

Yes ZAP -Zone Alarm Pro - can deny any connection to the localhost, LAN or the Internet from any program.

I'm not giving access to the scr, but because the scr is changing the port everytime, ZAP is asking for acess/denial everytime !!!

If it was once... well it was going to be ok!! :D
Hawk

Postby Karlis » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:14 pm

Firewall I use allows me to deny all ports for particular program at once. There should be such option in ZAP too.

Anyway, I will see what can be done about this. If something can be done, it will be done.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

:)

Postby Hawk » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:31 pm

The problem is not blocking them on my PC, I'll make the screensavers & distribute it on http://www.MayrHyasdan.com (a photo gallery of more than 250 high quality & resolution photos from Armenia -Photos taken by me)

now I bet that the majority of the ppl that will download the screensaver will not have firewall @ the first place! the very small portion of ppl that have will have ZAP! but than again, the question remains.... Why it is trying to access the localhost !!

admin wrote:If something can be done, it will be done.

I'll check this forum for updates, but if you come up with a solution can u pls email me hawkie at gmail dot com, casue this program seems to be really cool & I really want to use it :)

many thnx in advance
Hawk
Hawk

Postby Karlis » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:50 pm

The problem could not be very common, as I could not reproduce it on two Windows XP computers with default configuration. I have Flash Player 7. So this seems to be specific to some Flash Player version, thus for us it is even more difficult to find. The good news is that most customers unlikely will ever experience this weird behavior.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support