Video codecā€™s SSF supports.

Post your questions and problem reports here

Postby wulf » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:03 pm

HI
Iā€™m back with a new problem sorry.
I need to know the type of Video codecā€™s SSF supports.
Iā€™m trying to create picture savers with 3D transitions and use high end graphics software to do so.
The Files from the software (.ppt and .pr4) are not supported in SSF.
Now I have to convert them to a Video file without losing the 3D transitions and this is not an easy task.
I dit manage and produce some 3D savers, but I need to compress them because of the file size.
The best codec I could find is DivX 6.5 but it is not compatible with SSF. There is no preview at the import media screen and after creating the saver all you see is a black screen even so I have the codec installed on my PC. The same File runs fine in Windows Media Player.
The File size of the DivX 6.5 compressed is only 6 MB and compressed with Microsoft Video 1 is 40 MB
The Microsoft Video 1 codec runs fine with SSF bummer? :(
Is there anything that can be done? Or do you know of other codecā€™s I cut use and work with SSF.
W.G
wulf

Postby Karlis » Sat May 05, 2007 9:34 pm

Hm, DivX should actually work, you must have the codec installed on the target PC though. You could try DivX 5.5, XviD or WMV formats. Please let us know how this turns out.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby wulf » Sat May 05, 2007 10:27 pm

HI Karlis
Thank you for your reply I think DivX 6.5 is not working because it has to load first when a software needs the codec an icon appears down at your clock when loaded.When starting a screensaver this me not happen. Yes DivX 5.5, is working and the first 3D screensavers are rolling out Thanks again.
W.G http://www.southsidedigitalimaging.com/saver.html
W.G
wulf

Return to Screensaver Factory Support