System locking after screen saver activation

Post your questions and problem reports here

System locking after screen saver activation

Postby odlweb » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:57 pm

I have created several screen savers using flash and by manually inserting images (no flash). The problem arises when the screen saver is displayed. All goes well until the monitor goes into power save mode. Sometimes when moving mouse etc to wake up nothing happens. Machine is frozen. Other times it will wake but mouse pointer remains frozen for a while. The effect seems worse the longer it is left.

I thought it might have been the machine the screen saver was installed to but I also tried it on other machines with same results.

Screen Saver Factory pro has been re-installed but I still get the same results with screen savers created.

Machines this has been tried on:
Desktop 98 Celeron 1.0 w/512RAM 1770 Mitsubishi Monitor
Desktop 98SE Celeron 1.7 w/512RAM 1770 Mitsubishi Monitor
Laptop XP Home Celeron 2.4 w/512RAM LCD Display

Any ideas appreciated.
Regards
David
odlweb

Postby Karlis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Dear David, Thank you for your post. Your inquiry has been accepted. It would be great if you could send us your e-mail address, so we can communicate towards resolving this issue. You will have to assist with some testing.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby odlweb » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:52 am

admin wrote:Dear David, Thank you for your post. Your inquiry has been accepted. It would be great if you could send us your e-mail address, so we can communicate towards resolving this issue. You will have to assist with some testing.

E-mail address sent. If not received let me know I'll try again.
Thanks.
Regards
David
odlweb

Postby Karlis » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:51 pm

Received, thanks! Fighting with this one, as it is not easy to reproduce the problem, but we are going to catch this one ASAP.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Same issue

Postby dustin.nielson » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:08 am

When the system goes into powersave mode the computer is very slow to recover and is pretty unusable. As noted above this seems to get worse the longer the timeframe. Do we have an ETA for a fix for this yet. It's really a show stopper for a project I've been working on.

Thanks,
Dustin
dustin.nielson

Postby Karlis » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:28 am

Dustin, thank you for your message. I believe you have a different problem than David, please drop me a line to support@blumentals.net, I will give you instructions that would help us to find where is the problem.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support