Problem while installing SSaver

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problem while installing SSaver

Postby SNAP » Thu May 31, 2007 5:29 am

:roll: Hi there...
From last week I was searching for good screen saver program. I downloaded few but uninstalled in 5 min.
Finally I found good one and download v 4.0
well I already created the screen saver.. no problem in that... and I am enjoying the effects and music.......
But I do have problem on how to install it. I did make .EXE file and run it..... it ask me where to install.... ( the default one is c:\WINDOWS).... I can see the files saved in my WINDOWS folder..... but in my DISPLAY properties I can only see the name.
I again tried with right clicking .SCR file and selecting INSTALL.... this also didnt help. :shock:
can some1 plz help with this...
Thanks
SNAP Production n' Designs
SNAP

more info...

Postby SNAP » Thu May 31, 2007 7:36 am

:?:
and also when I install my EXE file..... my wallpaper will be gone living blank screen. I have to set wallpaper again.
I thought its my PC problem and tried to install in my GF computer, samething happen again.
no wallpaper, no screensaver.... can find name in Display properties.

:?
SNAP

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu May 31, 2007 10:36 am

You mention you can see the files in c:\windows - you should see a .scr file, right?
You mention "in my display properties I can only see the name" - not sure what you mean here.

If you've the .scr file in c:\windows, then it should appear in the 'Screensaver' tab of the display properties.

So lets start from the beginning. What OS are you using?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby SNAP » Thu May 31, 2007 11:43 am

:?
well, its Windows XP.
ya, I can see .SCR file in WINDOWS and I can see the file name in ScreenSaver Tab of displays properties aswell. But thats all, there is only the file name on ScreenSaver Tab. I cant see the file on the Preview screen, nither I can set the Setting nor I can set the wait time (Preview, Setting, Wait inside Screensaver Tab are disable for the screensaver that I have created, but works fine in other screensaver).
I even restart PC, it didnt work either.
I have created one trial screensaver from other software and it is working fine. I like this software because of the slide effects but it cant be installed. If I press only the .SCR file, I can see my SSaver.
emmm..... :oops:
SNAP

Postby Karlis » Thu May 31, 2007 11:10 pm

Either something wrong with your PC or maybe you have created the screensaver incoorrectly. I just tested it and it works... What kind of screensaver is it, pictures, flash or video?

Can you provide us with a link to your screensaver or a screenshot of display properties? Please note that Screensaver Factory has nothing to do with your wallpaper, so that is being changed by something else.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

yeppiiiiiiiiii

Postby SNAP » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:57 am

:D
well it works fine now. I created new screensaver and works fine. Looks like I cant put the file name $ujeeta_ScreenSaver (client ask me to have $ instead of S)....
Thanks for your help. Lets see how it goes now, i will definately buy this SSaver.
Thanks once again. :wink:
SNAP

Return to Screensaver Factory Support