Questions about wma files and watermark a flash file

Post your questions and problem reports here

Questions about wma files and watermark a flash file

Postby bitwise » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 pm

1) I want to start using .wma files for my audio rather than mp3. Does the screensaver have a built in player or does it require the end user to have Windows Media Player?

2) Can you add a watermark for a flash file? I have a bunch of flash files I'd like to use, but still want to "brand" the saver with my watermark, but it doesn't seem to work. Is it supposed to? If not, can you add this feature?

Thanks!
bitwise

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:43 am

Is converting the .wma files to .mp3 a possibility?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:08 pm

You should be able to WMA on Windows XP and Vista computers without any problems.

The watermark for flash is not supported, you should add it yourself by means of Flash.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby bitwise » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:23 am

1) Regarding WMA vs MP3, is it safer to go with MP3? Does the saver have an embedded player that allows any user to play WMA, whether they have windows media player or not?

2) Regarding the watermark on flash files, I'd love if you could offer that feature. I'd be willing to pay you extra for it. I can't embed it in the actual flash files because I don't have the source for it, just the flash files that I purchased. It'd just be really nice to brand them. Let me know what you think.

Thanks much, Karlis!
bitwise

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Thank you!

I think it does not matter whether you use MP3 or WMA, because starting from Windows XP, both formats are installed by default. I usually select MP3 just because it is more convenient for me.

As for the watermark, we shall see what can be done. Flash movies is a tricky thing, so it may take a while before we figure out how to do something about this.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support