Run minimized bug

Post your questions and problem reports here

Run minimized bug

Postby Scorpius » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:34 pm

Hello,
There seems to be a small problem if a shortcut to an .scr is created and is set to run minimized. The screen saver doesn't display. It only shows the form title at the bottom left of the screen.

Normally, I would not think this is an issue, but I found out about it when a user created a "Quick launch" shortcut to the scr and complained the screen saver didn't work. Why or how the shortcut was set to minimum is unknown.

I also checked about a dozen different .scr, including Microsoft bundled, and none exhibited this behavior. They all displayed full screen regardless of shortcut settings.
Scorpius

Postby Karlis » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Thank you for reporting this. I will pass this to our developer so that it can get fixed.

In the mean time I would not worry too much about this, because a possibility that shortcut to SCR will have "run minimized" option set is very tiny.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Scorpius » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:22 am

Thank you for taking care of this! I realize this is a VERY minor issue, but I was wondering if there is an estimate of when a fix will be made. I have a product I'd like to release, but would rather wait if an update is coming soon.
Scorpius

Postby Karlis » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:06 pm

Since there are no important issues or high priority feature requests open at this time, we plan to release next regular update not earlier than in August. Also by the end of this year we plan to release a new major version.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Scorpius » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:48 am

While waiting for the August patch to be issued, can you gives a clue as to what new features are planned for the next version?
Scorpius

Postby Karlis » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Due to summer and holidays, this is not going quite as fast as we wanted. Not sure whether there will be an update in August, we shall see. As for version 5, quite a lot of ideas we have - clock, calendar on screensaver, special transition effects, auto-updates, improved performance etc.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Scorpius » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:47 pm

Is there an ETA on when the patch will be completed.
Scorpius

Postby Karlis » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:29 pm

The problem has been resolved.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support