RSS Feeds in Screen Saver

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

RSS Feeds in Screen Saver

Postby AmRes » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 pm

It would be extremely helpful if the screen saver could pull RSS feeds from a web site. Our news service is updated on a regular basis with information that is very useful to our members such as upcoming meetings, conventions and shows.

If we were able to create a screen saver that automatically pulled the information from our RSS server, it would be a HUGE help.

To take this a step further, the ability to have multiple feeds based on registration status would be fantastic. For example, someone that installs the eval version gets the publicly accessible feed. Once they register, their registration key would unlock feed available only to members.

Thanks!

/rick
AmRes

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Thanks for your suggestion, it will be reviewed by the development team.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: RSS Feeds in Screen Saver

Postby KW802 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:44 pm

AmRes wrote:It would be extremely helpful if the screen saver could pull RSS feeds from a web site. Our news service is updated on a regular basis with information that is very useful to our members such as upcoming meetings, conventions and shows.
For promotion purposes that is an excellent idea! 8)
KW802

Postby yme369 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:00 am

That would be a nice feature, however through Flash this basically is already possible
yme369

Postby Karlis » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:41 pm

This is something we are working on right now.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:47 am

Delivered.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby bitwise » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:33 pm

It would be nice if the RSS feeds were clickable so it could take the end user to the pages the feed is showing.
bitwise

Postby RobLyons » Fri May 22, 2009 8:59 am

I concur. It would be very nice if the feed would follow the LINK url (or guid) of the item.

Alternatively I noticed that if I put an HTML-formed hyperlink anchor in the text of the feed (e.g. <a href="http://www.testsite.com/mypage.php">test click</a>) then you do highlight it as a hyperlink... but alas it is not clickable.

Is this something you are likely to be developing in the near future? :wink:
RobLyons

Postby gauger11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm

RobLyons wrote:Alternatively I noticed that if I put an HTML-formed hyperlink anchor in the text of the feed (e.g. <a href="http://www.testsite.com/mypage.php">test click</a>) then you do highlight it as a hyperlink... but alas it is not clickable.

The same with me. I disabled mouse move and mouse click exit conditions but mouse clicks on the hyperlink anchors (highlighted in blue) lead to nothing. Or did I miss something?
gauger11

Postby mahi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:31 pm

I was just thinking the same thing, It would be nice to have the features that are available in the screen saver visible to the buyer. If you don't know and can't find the License and Read Me text. How will you other wise know to read it.
MAHI
mahi

Return to Screensaver Factory Feature Requests