Project Opening Time

Post your questions and problem reports here

Project Opening Time

Postby Webdepot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:01 am

I'm dallying with trial version 4.2 that I dowloaded some time ago.

Is there a practical upper limit to the number of media items one may include in a screensaver.??

Here's my situation:
I have a test screensaver that has some 2500 media pics, each about 19K to 25K, physical size about 150 x 220 px.

When I go to open the saved project file (.scr), it takes more than two hours to open... (and only shows about half the pics)... That can be a killer when trying to work on this on a daily basis.

I've tried some other screensaver programs with much faster times as far as opening a project goes (same media files). I keep coming back to screensaver factory because it has more of the options I need in customizing my product.

Is there anything I can do that would speed up the rendering when the file is opened.. and any way to get all 2500 thumbs to show in the workbox.
Webdepot

Postby Karlis » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:46 pm

At the present moment Screensaver Factory is not designed for more than several hundreds of media items. We have never thought that anybody would need more than that.

There should be, however, no lockout. The fact that the pictures do not load does not mean that you can not create screen saver. You than do this even without thumbnails loaded.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support