HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

Post your questions and problem reports here.

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

Postby munichmachine » Sun May 27, 2018 7:14 pm

I have a big problem with two menu selectors. I use an Apple inspired menu, the first one in Submenu Templates. I have my own domain, but my development files is on IIS 6.0 server as localhost in a Windows 10 setup. I use Visual Studio code as an editor, and use cut&paste method for inserting the menu items. The problem is only two html type files (I have several files in the menu) that should be activated from the CSS menu. I get 404 error on these two files, with an error code generated from IIS 6.0 : 0x80070002 in the Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, SWR Iron and Pale Moon browser window.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002

Requested URL http://localhost:80/tech_nor.hmtl
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tech_nor.hmtl
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

Requested URL http://localhost:80/links_nor.hmtl
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\links_nor.hmtl
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

I can edit these files in Visual Studio in its Workspace environment. I have many html files in my project that works flawlessly, but now I can't add more files by adding more selectors in the menu CSS builder. I can of course add them locally to my project, but I can't link them any more. I've tried to save new files and added them to the server, but it doesn't work.

I've checked the NTFS file system with advanced recovery functions that gave me nothing. All checked out OK. I can also see these files in Content View in IIS, They are watchable in browser view sending me to localhost/and the files. I checked the user previledges and they have the user IIS_IUSRS added, as all my files are in server root. I have tried to reinstall the software, deleting all registry settings HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Karlis Blumentals and C:\Users\OleChristian\AppData\Roaming. \Blumentals directory.

I'm out of things to do. I know I have the free version, so I can't expect answers on this. I hav a working ( with limited menu ) website at :

https://www.knivedalen.net

Here you can switch language from English to Norwegian. I want more menu items, but thats not possible. You can see the menu code as I only use XML data collected with Javascript. Is it possible to have two first_item and last_item in one file? I have all of my files with two first and last tags and they work. This is a long story, but I want to use your software because I master it so well and later this year I'm going to buy it. Because I want a more fancy menu.

I Thank You in advance, purhaps you have something up your sleeve.

Best Regards
Ole Christian Knivedalen
munichmachine

Re: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:23 am

This issue does not have anything to do with Easy Button & Menu Maker. If you can link to them normally (by using in-content links) and if you can open these links in browser then they will work in the menu the same way. Check if the link is correct and that the physical path is correct. If they are and these links still don't work, I'm unable to help as I don't have the required experience with IIS. Sorry. Some StackOverflow answers suggest that it might have something to do with routing config or old precompiled config files, or the configured .NET version.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

Postby ernest596 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:52 am

To resolve this problem,MyLowesLife verify that the file requested in the browser's URL exists on the IIS computer and that it is in the correct location.

Use the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to determine where the file requested must exist in the IIS computer's file system.

This is important if the Web site uses a virtual directory (VDIR). A VDIR is a directory that is not contained in the home directory of the Web site, but appears to client browser as though it does. This virtual directory must be mapped to a subfolder on a drive or reference the files by name.

For example, assume that the URL that caused the 404 error is http://microsoft.com/Test/File1.htm, and the IIS snap-in shows that for Microsoft.Com Web site, the /Test/ directory is actually a virtual directory that maps to the location of c:\Information on the IIS computer. This means that you must verify that the File1.htm file is located in the c:\Information directory (and that the file name is spelled correctly).

IIS Dynamic Content: A 404.2 entry in the W3C Extended Log file is recorded when a Web Extension is not enabled. Use the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to enable the appropriate Web extension. Default Web Extensions include: ASP, ASP.NET, Server-Side Includes, WebDAV publishing, FrontPage Server Extensions, Common Gateway Interface (CGI). Custom extensions must be added and explicitly enabled. See the IIS Help File for more information.

IIS Static Content: A 404.3 entry in the W3C Extended Log file is recorded when an extension is not mapped to a known extension in the MIME Map property. Use the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to configure the appropriate extension in the MIME Map. See the IIS Help file for more information.
ernest596

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support