Dangerous FTP bug

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Dangerous FTP bug

Postby Unquick » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:06 am

I have gotten this bug many times but I cannot reproduce it on command because it occures when there is an ftp timeout. What happens is that the ftp times out and the ftp dialog hangs for awhile. After timeout you hit save again and a dialog says: Cannot create file "C:\...\Temp\wbftp.tmp" The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The code you have is still visable at this point. You exit/restart the app. open your ftp file -- and the file is empty!

This has happened to me many times as ftp timeout are frequent; however, the file should not get trashed.
Unquick

Postby Karlis » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:13 pm

Will take a look, but it will be difficult to do anything if it does never happen here... Very few people have reported this and with very few details. Your report is the most comprehensive, I hope it will help. Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Unquick » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:57 pm

I will try to see if I can force this behaviour by somehow getting the ftp not to reply. Note that the ftp hangs when the server is under heavy load.

Is there a log file that is created to determin the exact cause?
Unquick

Postby Reuvenm » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:09 pm

May the software repeat a KEEP LIVE command as to hold on the connection? if this is the cause.
It happens to me too that the FTP saving cause a hang (and a blank file on the server :( ).

Thnak you
Reuvenm

Postby Karlis » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:59 pm

Currently the NOOP command is supported. Many FTP servers ignore it though. In the next version we hope to replace NOOP with something more powerful.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests