add </li>

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

add </li>

Postby donull » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:08 am

ok, this is half feature request half posible bug.

there is an option to "add list item end-tag". I have this one activated, but when i use the List generator (HTML menu) this donnot add the end-tag. It'll be good to make this a "global" configuration or to add a checkbox in the List generator dialogue.

And about the "add list item end-tag", do i have to restart the software in order for this to work?... cause i enabled/disabled and click apply and it still keep printing the "</li>". I'm to lazy rightnow to restart the program :roll: , i have a few files open and i dont want to clos'em :P

Thanks
donull

Postby Karlis » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:40 pm

Ending </li> is always added for XHTML documents (if you have XHTML enabled by default).

The option to enable/disable it is valid for old HTML standard only.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby donull » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:57 pm

aahn! damn! i think i'm just an old-fashioned! :wink:

Well, it looks like the software needed to be restarted for the "add list item end-tag" feature to work (FOR HTML 4.01) with the autocomplete.

I know </LI> as the </P> tag (and others) are not necessary, but i like to keep all my tags close, that way its easier to know when something actually ends, and it helps you to remove blocks with external softwares, for example to erase everything between <P ID="name"> and the next </P>

but this isn't an emergency.

Thanks & Have a nice day!...
donull

Postby syrupcore » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:35 pm

donull wrote:I know </LI> as the </P> tag (and others) are not necessary

they are necessary for xhtml.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests