Text selection improvement.

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Text selection improvement.

Postby dlecke » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:45 am

It would be nice if you could click in the right margin for a single line that the editor would select all the text on that line without having to drag the cursor down a line.
dlecke

Postby syrupcore » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:30 am

If you double click in the left margin, it selects the whole line. Is that what you mean?

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:07 pm

Yes, double-click is what you need!

Or you can also drag to select multiple lines.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:04 pm

I'd like a way to select a whole line without it selecting the invisible return character. at least that what I think it's doing when using the gutter method.

When you use the gutter to select a whole line like the above and try to wrap the text in a tag via shortcut, the ending tag inserts itself on the next line. I think MS Office does what I'm looking for by triple clicking in the line of text itself. If this isn't making sense, try using the gutter method to select a line and do Insert>hyperlink. the ending a tag is inserted on a new line.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:10 pm

I have another select request. more sort of standard selecting method.

If you click some where and hold the shift key and then click somewhere else, several lines down, webuilder will select everything in between. normal behavior. If you then continue to hold shift and click a little further down the document, it will start a new selecting from where you clicked the second time. abnormal behavior!

I dunno about everyone else but this is weird to me. In most other programs (any type of program really), shift continues to add to your selection.

Anyway to change this to standard functionality?

Thanks you!
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:34 pm

Yes, I think the shift selection can be improved. I will add this to wishlist.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:50 am

great! Any chance on the triple-click (or something else?) to select just the content of the line, not the whole line?

I'll just give an example of when I normally need this and maybe some one will have a suggestion for how to get around it.

If I'm building a site for a client and they send me 30 word docs of info, I generally copy and paste the entire word file into the content area of the template I've built for them. I then wrap the content in relavent chunks - h2, h3, p, ul, li... (thank god for snippets). Currently it's drag-select each chunk+shortcut to wrap snippet. It's far from a big deal but, ya know, after 30 docs with 15 paragraphs and lists each, anything to make it quicker and more exact.

There are other times, like when you want to comment a css line but not have the trailing */ end up on the next line. makes my code ugly and that sorta thing matters to me. I know, get over it.

Thanks for reading,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests